+ Reply to Thread

Any way to prevent the 650 from going to sleep?

I had my G1000 replace by Lock/Line for a broken 650, and my new 6600 is on its way and will hopefully be here Monday. But this crappy 650 they sent me is broken. I power it on and it works, but when it goes into sleep mode, it doesn't come back on and it won't recieve calls or text messages. I need my phone for work. Is there a way to make it just stay on all the time? I know in Windows it's pretty easy, but nothing is jumping out at me in PalmOS. I know it will probably kill the battery life, but that's better than having to soft reset it to see if I have messages.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bearxor; 10-16-2005 at 07:06 PM.

When they pry it from my cold hand. tivolutionist's Avatar

calm down - you'll live longer (or so I'm told)

When looking for help on a board populated mostly by people who (at the VERY least) like the Treo 650, you are not helping yourself by crassly insulting the hardware.

Now I will admit that I tend to have my own kneejerk responses when things don't work the way I feel they should. And I will say that it sounds like you have a defective phone (a not uncommon thing, I'm finding out). I know *MY* 650 has no problem alerting me to calls, messages, alarms, etc, even when it is "off".

That said, I direct you to the Prefs screen under Power. This will *NOT* do what you want. Max time there is 3 minutes. This linky should get you a program to do what you want that even has a user comment that it works well with a Treo 650.

My comment was not to say that the Treo 650 itself was ****ty, but that the one they sent me is.

I'm sorry if it sounds otherwise.
    PDA Phone History:
    Toshiba 2032SP (2003-2005) -> Hitachi G1000 (2005) -> PPC-6600 (2005-2006) -> PPC-6700 (2006 - 8 days to be exact) -> Treo 700wx

Thanks Tivo, worked great. I went searching for something to fix the problem I was having, but from what I found, everyone said to just upgrade the device, which I did, but it did not fix my problem. I was looking forward to playing around with this thing, and getting a defective one kind of irked me., If I used more than 50 voice minutes a month I probably would love one. My wife really liked it and I have to get her one now
    PDA Phone History:
    Toshiba 2032SP (2003-2005) -> Hitachi G1000 (2005) -> PPC-6600 (2005-2006) -> PPC-6700 (2006 - 8 days to be exact) -> Treo 700wx

Bearxor:

You need to check the rules of the forum. I understand your frustration, but those were the rules you agreed to when you signed on.

# No profanity or abusive conversation is allowed in any of the forums.

Re: Any way to prevent the 650 from going to sleep?

Originally posted by Bearxor
    I had my G1000 replace by Lock/Line for a broken 650, and my new 6600 is on its way and will hopefully be here Monday. But this crappy 650 they sent me is broken. I power it on and it works, but when it goes into sleep mode, it doesn't come back on and it won't recieve calls or text messages. I need my phone for work. Is there a way to make it just stay on all the time? I know in Windows it's pretty easy, but nothing is jumping out at me in PalmOS. I know it will probably kill the battery life, but that's better than having to soft reset it to see if I have messages.

Thanks
    Why don't you take the phone into a Sprint store? The Lockline phone should be covered by a warranty.
    Sprint Treo 650: Fair& Flexible National 800Min Family plan with the America roaming option included. $10 Unlimited PDA/Visions access, $4 Equipment replacement, 10% Loyalty discount and free PCS-PCS.