+ Reply to Thread

Missed: the "nice lady" from the kyo 7135

The absolutely coolest feature of my old, sadly missed kyo 7135 was, when properly set up and with the correct kind of stereo headset and adapter, this: Walking the dog, listening to tunes, in comes a phone call. The music volume drops gracefully, a nice lady's voice says, "Incoming call. Answer?" I say, "Yes." I'm automatically switched to phone mode, connected to the call. I have a conversation. Say goodbye. Caller hangs up. 7135 switches automatically back to player, volume gracefully ramps up, back in the middle of the same tune, right where it left off. All without taking my hands out of my gloves/pockets, without breaking stride.

The first time this happened to me, I almost wet myself. I thought I had died and gone to geek heaven.

Is there anything remotely similar available for the 650?
    Last edited by mikewillnot; 10-16-2005 at 08:37 PM.

Remotely similar would be to use Pocket Tunes to handle music playback when a call comes in. It doesn't handle voice prompting to answer the call though.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

How did you do that!!

Originally posted by emorgana
    How did you do that!!
    Do what?
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

yes, the nice lady is sadly missed with no replacement.

That was a really cool feature!!!

I loved that feature of the Kyo. It was embarrasing when someone was in the car with you and you had headphones on, and had to say "Yes" in the middle of a conversation, and then explain.....
    Mike

Originally posted by alex_mathews
    Remotely similar would be to use Pocket Tunes to handle music playback when a call comes in. It doesn't handle voice prompting to answer the call though.
    I've now got Pocket Tunes installed (trial); cool program. I still don't get interrupted by an incoming call; those just seem to go directly to voicemail. Can't find any settings that seem relevant. How do you make it do this?

I'll have to play with it to see if I'm mistaken about that functionality. You could try asking your question in the Normsoft support group if you don't want to wait for me to test this out.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pockettunes/
    www.treobits.com

I have a normsoft inquiry pending. Let you know what I hear.