+ Reply to Thread

Make your own Ringtones

(This Works For As far as I Know Only For Sprint CDMA Phones??)

Not sure if this has been mention before, but after I saw how much it cost just to use .mp3 files as ringtones or pay to download them. I knew their was a way to do this for free.

First Download these Apps:

1) JETAUDIO

2) GCD CREATOR

Use Jet audio will let you covert your .mp3 to .wav file

To edit the .wav I use XP Sound Recorder (but if you have something else that's fine). I cut what I don't want, then usually increase the volume by 25%. Save it

Now convert the .wav file you just created using GCD Creator to a .QCP file. Which you can hotsync, send using Bluetooth or use
    Focus to text message yourself to download the file.

I have made tons of ringtones for my wife & myself from the songs in my collection.

Hope this helps somebody out.

Ps. Forgot to mention that both apps are freeware and focus is free as well.
    Last edited by ericp74; 11-17-2005 at 04:33 PM.

I did all that, but I can't seem to get the phone to use the file as a ringer. Is there another program I need for that? I also can only get the computer to install it to my SD card, it won't let me put it in the phone. Any suggestions?

How did you send it to your phone?

Check your sound manager to see if its in their.

Make sure to trasfer the .QCP file not the .wav

QCP files might only be supported by the CDMA Treos since it was created by Qualcomm. I think AMR is the format supported by GSM Treos.

What kind do you have socross?
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

I made a QCP file, and installed it with hotsync. I use Sprint, not sure if it's CDMA or AMR.

Sprint Treo is CDMA. I don't think you can install the file via hotsync.

There are installation instructions in Palm Knowledge Library Solution ID: 19349.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

use Focus
    to text message yourself the file.

Ericp74,

Thanks for the tips. Everything works just the way you said it would. Just one question ... is the audio quality poor in your experience?

Not really, it actually sounds better than some ringtones I did pay to download.

If your using jet audio to convert your .Mp3. Make sure you configure the WAV output to 8.000 KHz,16 bit,Mono

And if your using sound recorder to edit the .WAV. Increase the volume by 25% or more if needed.

I can not seem to get it to work, I have cronverted the MP3 to WAV, I have created the .QCP file and I have sent the file to my phone via bluetooth. the file shows up in my rintone manager but it doesnt play any audio..

Please help

TIA

Curious, How big was the file?

I should have mentioned before, When editing your .wav file it doesn't need to be longer than 30 seconds.

What happens when you select the file?

I was playing with this over the weekend and also couldn't get files to work. I had some existing mp3 files I had used with my 7135, and also wav files that converted, but I couldn't find them on my phone.

Finally downloaded Mring, and found that works quite well for my needs - I can move the files over to my SD card and assign any of the mp3s as ringtones. Even created a bunch more with Nero sound editor and sent them to the card. I've found it's much easier for me to use that than the other programs mentioned above.

the file size is 0.3k the wav file is only 8 sec.. I can select the file, and assign it as a ring tone, but there is no audio.. even during an incoming call

P

Thank you, this is a great tool, But I have not been able to make this work with my CDMA verizon treo 650? Has anyone out there found a way to make a ringtone from an mp3 for the verizon model - Free?

Or is there a trick to making this work with the verizon model?
    Thanks,
    me
    candleman

COuld some people post some of the tones that they have made? That would help some uf us technologically challenged. Thanks.