+ Reply to Thread

Verizon and outlook service pack 3

I just purchased a 650 and I'm trying to install this thing at work to sync wirelessly. I've already established that the exchange ports are closed and that I need to use PC Monitor or the equivalent. However, I just realized that I have outlook 2002 with service pack 3, which is specifically NOT supported by Verizon software.

So my question is, what are my options to sync wirelessly with my office pc, which is always on, always connected? Any help or suggestions anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Verizon and outlook service pack 3

Originally posted by burch26
    I just purchased a 650 and I'm trying to install this thing at work to sync wirelessly. I've already established that the exchange ports are closed and that I need to use PC Monitor or the equivalent. However, I just realized that I have outlook 2002 with service pack 3, which is specifically NOT supported by Verizon software.

So my question is, what are my options to sync wirelessly with my office pc, which is always on, always connected? Any help or suggestions anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Did you try to install the software? If so, what happened? According to Verizon's website, Outlook XP/2002 w/SP2 or higher is supported so you should be covered.

A guy in my office uses Outlook 2002. It will work fine.

I have not installed the software yet, I'm waiting for an administrator to give me temporary access.

Here is the web page I saw this on. See the section that says "System Requirements". It specifically says that Service Pack 3 is not supported, and I can't imagine why that would be.

http://dts.vzw.com/how_to_use/pcmonitor_outlook.html

I would give it a try anyways, let us know how it works out, hopefully well...