+ Reply to Thread

Question Treo 650 locking program that stays active when re-set?

Hey group,

Does anyone know of a good program for the Treo 650 that will lock the phone, then use a numeric touch-screen to unlock it again?
    I tried using MicroLock, but the programs can only be used while the phone is on. Once it is reset, the program is useless.
    And the default Treo security settings are annoying. If you set the phone to lock every time it turns off, that covers ANYTIME. Even when the screen just turns off. And using the keypad to type in the unlock key takes much longer then a touch-screen does.

I was using the PPC 6700 for two weeks, before I sent it back in favor of my Treo 650. But I really like the unlock touch-screen for that phone.

I also know that the program I am looking for might not exist, because of the Treo's use of volatile memory for storage. But it is worth a shot in asking

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Russell
    Sprint Treo 650: Fair& Flexible National 800Min Family plan with the America roaming option included. $10 Unlimited PDA/Visions access, $4 Equipment replacement, 10% Loyalty discount and free PCS-PCS.

EMN
    TealLock stays active through a soft reset.

Hey EMN

Have you used this program, is it worth it? I just wasted $10 on MicroLock, which I can send you the file if you would like to check it out.
    Sprint Treo 650: Fair& Flexible National 800Min Family plan with the America roaming option included. $10 Unlimited PDA/Visions access, $4 Equipment replacement, 10% Loyalty discount and free PCS-PCS.

Originally posted by EMN
    TealLock stays active through a soft reset.
    I downloaded the program, but I can't seem to find a way of using the touch-screen feature. The password prompt is set up the same way as the Defult Treo locking settings.

How do I set it up to use the touch-screen?

Russell

Originally posted by the2ndflood
    ..How do I set it up to use the touch-screen?
    Russell
    Have you tried to setup a hardware button mapping? I find it very fast and convienent. Under the LOCK SCREEN category, goto the Password Key Entry settings. There you setup your Quick Password.

Then under the SECURITY category, you enable quick password.

When you type in your password, you can use your quick password for a few seconds. If you don't type it in correctly, you have to type in the full password.

Hope that alternative works for you.
    Last edited by blues; 10-22-2005 at 07:44 AM.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

EMN
    Yes, I do use TealLock and it does stay locked for me after a soft reset.

Thanks everyone for your help. The TealLock works very well. I would like to know if it will stay active once the battery runs out, but I don't want to risk it.

Russell