+ Reply to Thread

Question G1000 to Treo 650

I love my G1000 PPC but the key guard switch broke so Lockline(sprint insurance) is sending a new phone. The thing is, the G1000 is no longer in production. the people i've talked to said they either got a PPC6600 usualy after first getting a treo 650. My question is. Is the 650 worth going through the pain of switching to palm os vs. a windows mobile os? I know there is alot of personal preference in this subject but if any of you have used both, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    I had a G1000 for a short time, but found it just too big to be practical. The Audiovox/HTC Pocket Pc size wouldn't bother you if you liked the Hitachi and it has more memory, a newer OS, and a better placed keyboard.

However, if you want a fast, smaller unit -You can't go wrong with the Treo 650. The OS is simpler, yet much faster and not as many program memory concerns. You can play games, watch movies, and listen to MP3's on the Treo. It would be a smaller - but higher resolution screen. It likely comes down to how much software for PPC you have invested in. If not much, you might enjoy a Treo.
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

I have alot of MS Office (Word, Excell, Power Point) and pdf files on my ppc. Also I pocket streets 05 and a few kick ass games. The web browsing is a big factor too, I can veiw and use normal websites on the ppc can the palm do the same? or is it limited to wap. sites?

All the office files will still be viewable, and editable with the included Documents to Go program.
    The Web is handled with the included Blazer program, or 3rd party programs. HTML Web sites show fine and even flash if you add it to the Treo.
    Your pocket streets and Games would be wasted by going to Palm..

G1000 to Treo 650

Well, it looks like I may just have to come to the darkside... Of coarse Lockline will probably send me a 6600 now that I've said that. Thanks for the info.

I got my 650 yestersay... so far i'm really impressed.

Just remember to first add UnInstaller to clean up messy programs. Then only add one program at a time, make sure there is no conflicts before adding another. There is a great link to a compatibility list stuck at the top af this forum by me..