+ Reply to Thread

Parrot EasyDrive Blue tooth

Looking for feedback on the Parrot EasyDrive BT set for use with the TREO 650. I ordered one for 89.99 delivered from cellup.com and have high hopes based on product reviews I have read.

Should be here within a week, shipped UPS...

What's the skinny on this little larry? There is surprisingly little info in this forum for this product. I have a 15 day trial period as long as I don't unseal the software package or something...

"Everyone is entitled to their oppinion, even if they are entirely wrong."

Smoothop

hands free blue tooth car kit

The Parrot Easydrive is a hands free blue tooth car kit solution that does not need to be hardwired like the $200 uninstalled Parrot 3100. I am apparently cutting edge buying this thing. Would love to hear some feedback, all I hear are crickets.. This is the only Treo based review I have found and it sounds great...

http://www.pdabuzz.com/Home/tabid/54...reeCarKit.aspx

Also, here is the link to the one I bought. Come on in the waters warm...

http://www.cellup.com/HANDSPRING-pho...EASYDRIVE.html

Enjoy!

And hey, if you're ever down by the river be sure and drop in for a cold one.

Smoothop

I have had an Easydrive for about two weeks now and like it, with some reservations. On the plus side, it's really plug and play to use it. Plugged it in, paired it with my 650 and was up and running. The time consuming bit is getting the voice commands working. It's taking a while to get those set up to my liking. I've had to clear the memory and start over several times and will probably have to do so again. I think, in the long run, I'll get it the way I want it. The one thing that bugs me the most is the lag time between using one of the "magic words" and the unit responding with the requested action. I hope that this is something Parrot will address in future firmware updates.

All in all, I like it and it's certainly much easier to install that the CK3100, which is the other Parrot handsfree kit that I was considering. I got the EasyDrive on E-bay for $61.00, so if I can't make it work, I'm not really out that much anyway.

Scott

Originally posted by slpinkney
    [B The time consuming bit is getting the voice commands working. It's taking a while to get those set up to my liking. I've had to clear the memory and start over several times and will probably have to do so again. [/B]
    I use Voice Dial from Voice Signal to dial by voice commands. No voice training necessary and will dial almost every name in the address book. Would there be a way to use this voice dial application (bypassing the Easydrives voice recognition) from the Treo 650, but immediately switch to the Parrot Easydrive for the conversation??

Robert

Originally posted by rahoma
    I use Voice Dial from Voice Signal to dial by voice commands. No voice training necessary and will dial almost every name in the address book. Would there be a way to use this voice dial application (bypassing the Easydrives voice recognition) from the Treo 650, but immediately switch to the Parrot Easydrive for the conversation??

Robert
    Robert,

I think the 650 will just throw the call to the Easydrive after Voice Dial completes the connection, just like it would with any Bluetooth headset. I'll try it later to see if it works.

Scott

How about sound quality? Are people your speaking with happy with what you sound like or does it cause some complaints? I am considering this unit or the Treo brand BT headset, but would love to avoid the headset hassels if the sound quality doesn't disappoint.

Smoothop

Originally posted by Smoothop
    How about sound quality? Are people your speaking with happy with what you sound like or does it cause some complaints? I am considering this unit or the Treo brand BT headset, but would love to avoid the headset hassels if the sound quality doesn't disappoint.

Smoothop
    The sound quality is OK. I haven't had anyone complain, but there is no confusion that I'm on a car kit. The volume of the kit is just barely OK. I have the volume at full most of the time.

Scott

MD.. no GA... no MD... damn this is getting old....
    can you hear it ring over your radio?

I never had trouble missing the phone ringing over the radio. I guess it would be contingent on how loud the radio volume is.

Scott

I used my EasyDrive for a couple of days and had mixed results. At times people complained they could barely hear me and other times it was acceptable. Unfortunately I had to move on.

I ended up going with the Treo BT headset and have been very happy with it. Much better than the Moto 850... Not as convenient as as a car kit but the sound quality is excellent. After many adjustments I found the perfect fit so it feels plenty secure and comfortable... Now if I can only remember to put it on everytime I get in the car, before the phone rings...

Good luck with the EasyDrive, it is a great concept and probably a better product than I give it credit for.