+ Reply to Thread

SD Card folder info for music & photos

I'm trying to determine the best way to access music and photos on my SD card. Right now, I just have my music copied onto my SD card without any folders. I've gone in and put certain songs into playlists (easy, rock etc.) but I'm wondering if there is a better way.

I've experienced a few problems with photos not being seen as well so if you have any feedback, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
    Fred

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    For music I can't help you. I have about 7 cd's of music on my SD card and just hit 'Random' whenever I listen to music. I have not made any playlists.

For photos I bunch them all in the same folder on my SD card and just created several diff catagories.
    I have:
    Contact pics (for wallpaper and contacts)
    Family
    Friends
    Misc and
    Scenery

I find it very annoying for the Treo to auto download pics to my pc when syncing so I shut that off.
    I manually move pics off my SD card to the 'My Photos' folder every week or so. I am able to quickly decide to keep or delete every pic I took that last week.
    In 'My Photos' I have a 2005 folder with 12 folders inside named 01-05 , 02-05 ect ect.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

How to disable photos/videos from transferring to home pc during hotsync

Thanks for your reply.

How did you cut off your Treo from automatically downloading your photos to your home computer during hotsync? I really don't use the camera function of my Treo but I do take photos with my Kodak digital camera and transfer the desired photos from the camera's internal memory to the SD card I use in my phone. This way I have a little photo album with me at all times in case I want to show someone a picture of the children etc. It's silly to have the same photos in a Kodak file on my home pc and to have the same photos in a palm backup folder on the home pc.

I have a few photos internal to the handset (that I imported to my contacts so the picture appears when that person calls) but have quite a few on my 2GB SD card.

Attempting to resolve the auto transfer feature for pics and videos, I went into the apps page and selected "hotsync", I then pressed the menu button to see my options. After looking at each of the selections, I thought that the "conduit setup" would be the selection to resolve this issue because it states "Select the conduits to run during Modem Hotsync". I unchecked "pics & videos" and went into the palm backup folders on my home pc and deleted all videos and pics. I then performed another hotsync (with the pics & video conduit box unchecked) but the pics and videos re-appeared in the palm backup folders after the hotsync.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Fred

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    Right click on Hoysync.
    Select Custom.
    Open Media and Treo Pictures and tell them both to 'DO NOTHING' during hotsync.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)