+ Reply to Thread

Crumpler vs Timbuk2 cases?

Anyone have either of these? They are both available at:

http://web.palm.com/products/Categor...0006&cat=20015

and

http://web.palm.com/products/Categor...5234&cat=20015

I prefer to use a simple case that slips into a front pocket easily. I've been using the case that came with my treo 600 on my treo 650 until I find something. However, just as with my treo 600, this case seems to rub the finish off the phone over time.

I've also looked at the nut shell, and others, but I'm interested in these for some reason as a sort of simple pouch type cover that would slip into a pocket. I rarely, if ever, would use a belt clip, so a lack of one is not a big deal.

Anyone have experience with either of these cases?

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    Neither one shows how it connects to you. Anyone know? Removeable clip? Belt loop only?
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Got reply from Timbuk2

I emailed them yesterday and they replied as follows:

Thank you for contacting Timbuk2! The Treo Case was specifically designed to accommodate the Treo 600 and the Treo 650. The Treo case has the same back attachments as the iPod Case. please refer to the link below.Thanks for your support in Timbuk2.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/catalog/c...?categoryId=48

Ordered Timbuk2

I just placed an order for one of the Timbuk2 cases. It should get here in a week or two. When I get it, I'll try to take some more detailed pictures to post or at least share my experience with it.

I'm still curious to hear information about the Crumpler case too, but didn't want to order both just for the heck of it. If this Timbuk2 case doesn't float my boat, the Crumpler will be next on my list.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    That would be cool. From the pic it looks like a sewn beltloop. It also vaguely resemble a velcro hook and latch. Guess we'll find out when it arrives.

Thx for the info.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

What I can tell from the pic is that there is a black loop running vertically that you can run your belt through, but there is also a velcro flap underneath the belt loop that allows you to attach to a back pack strap or maybe even a belt if you want the phone to hang horizontally.

But, like you said, I'll know more when I get it. My main interest is in carrying in my pocket and occassionally strapping to a belt or backpack strap.

I have the Crumpler case. It's very nice, but it may not fit your needs. It's kind of bulky, so I don't think it is going to fit into your pocket well. I keep my treo in my pocket most of the time without any case. I use the Crumpler case when I need to throw my treo in my backpack or am doing some type of potentially treo-dangerous activity. The Crumpler has a nice fit and some decent padding and provides nice protection for the treo.

The Crumpler also has a nice reliable velcro-based belt strap for those that want to carry it on their belt or hook it to a bag/purse.