+ Reply to Thread

Want Versamail Treo-only install (no desktop synch/software)

First, I know Versamail is not the best client, but all I need is some basic wireless e-mail. I want to install it to my Treo, I DO NOT want it installed on my windows machine, or my synch conduit, etc. etc.

I have looked all over the documentation, and I just downloaded 3.1 the most recent version and it is just one zipped file. No readme. The user guide just mentions every time you are doing something on the PC side to go to Start>Windows, etc. etc... However I don't need to transfer my mail settings from windows. I don't ever want it to synch to my desktop. I just want to get wireless e-mail.

From the manual"After you set up an account...Or you can download new messages from your computer to your device—and upload messages from your device to be sent from your computer’s email program—when you
    synchronize. " <<<<I DO NOT want this to happen.

Any suggestions on how to install versamail and set it up?? I guess in "palmspeak" I just want the .PRC file on my Treo. Yes it is a Verizon unit, they don't put it in ROM.

BJBBJB

Is this not possible???
    If I install it on another PC and just grab the .PRC file would that work?

I tried to talk to Palm support about Versamail....that was not helpful. Their advice was to install the whole thing and then just turn off the conduit.

Should I just try to dig up the Eudora CD from my Kyocera 7135?
    That program actually worked fine for me but I am not sure if it was treo-friendly.

I guess I have no problem trying snappermail which everyone seems to love, but it seems like overkill for me. Does it try to synch too?

BJBBJB
    (obviously e-mail synch adverse)