+ Reply to Thread

How to keep button-push system sound off

I have used Palms for quite a while but am new to the Treo 650.
    I cannot stand the every-button-push-burb sound so I go into general system sounds and turn it OFF.

However the 650 seems determined to turn it back ON randmonly after visiting certain apps. Can't say for sure but perhaps Realplayer, a few others.

Any way to permanently silence them? You go back in and it still says off... but you have to turn it on and then off again to silence them.

I already bought Phone technician and a few other helpers. Is there something else that help fixes this????

BJBBJB

I've noticed the same thing, -especially after usiing real player. I thought is was just me. I figured it had something to do with me using a SD card from my 7135 which had not been formatted by the Treo.

If you find an answer, please post.

SmarDevil,

I mentioned this somewhere in another forum and the answer is that it is a known bug with Realplayer. You use it, the system sounds turn on. The recommendation was to use Pocket Tunes which I am currently looking at. Or to use some profile program and reset the profile which is probably just like going into sytem prefs and resetting the sound.

It does look like Pocket Tunes gives you the ability to play a CD in track order and by CD which Realplayer does not (easily).

Now if I can figure out how to install versamail without having it take over my system!

BJBBJB

I just bit the bullet for pTunes deluxe. Seems OK so far, but I noticed a reduction in volume (still messing around with settings...).

I decided to get it because it's supposed to be able to stream audio. If it works as I expect, it may be worth the hefty price.

SmartDevil,

I am interested in Pocketunes also and have two questions:

1) Are you able to just install it to your Treo and NOT the desktop? I really do not want it integrated wtih Windows Media Player and doing any kind of synching with the desktop. I'll copy my own to the memory card with a reader.

2) If entire CD's are all in separate directories, will it let you pick one and play the tracks in album order?

Thanks,

BJBBJB

Sorry, just got pTunes. I don't use it on my desktpo at all, and my SD only contains a random sampling of songs not whole albums. When I want to listen to an entire CD, I use my iPod.

Sorry I'm not much help.