+ Reply to Thread

Got my bill...I'm definitely on mou!

It's official...I'm definitely on MOU with my Verizon T650. It took a few days of calls and rejections before finally, at about 11pm on a Friday night, I got the right person on the phone.

Keep at it...you'll eventually get the right person...

How much did you get charged?

Originally posted by Sonic McTails
    How much did you get charged?
    Nothing.

...?

I'm confused. I thought the usual problem with MOU was you burn through almost all your minutes.

...?

I'm confused. I thought the usual problem with MOU was you burn through almost all your minutes.
    I had MOU on my kyocera7135. The key is to treat data like you treat phone calls so you don't go over your minutes. AND!!! Make sure you don't keep your data connection open unless you're using it. Some VZW reps will say that the data is always on...not true. The routine for me is...if I surf the web, I finish the session with an email check using snappermail...which I have set to disconnect afterwards. I had no issues on my last bill with going over my minutes.
    And, on nights and weekends (if they're free for you) you can burn it up!

^- I know that, but sometimes the phone turns data on by itself, unless you prompt it to do otherwise. If you know what your doing, it's ok, but if you don't your screwed!

^- I know that, but sometimes the phone turns data on by itself, unless you prompt it to do otherwise.
    I just read these forums to make sure mine didn't do that...and it doesn't.

If you know what your doing, it's ok, but if you don't your screwed!
    Story of my life...

Unless you set up wireless sync or some other automatic email solution your treo should not connect.. ever... until you tell it to. Whether or not it disconnects automatically is another story all together.
    Sandy Wagner

^- Is there a good way to make it auto-disconnect.

is mou different than pay as you go?

If so, how can I get MOU?

Also, I was told by verizon tech support that as long as wireless synch wasn't set up, the device would not log on by itself.

Is this true?

gkw

Auto log on

I have been back and forth with MOU. Currently back on, but it is not easy and took several phone calls.

The phone will not log on on its own, except if you send or receive a picture (MMS). It will automatically log on and NOT LOG OFF unless you do it manually, which is three steps.

I saw a thread awhile back about a utility that will log off after a certain amount of inactivity.

Does anyone have such a program?

GW
    Palm fan since Pilot 1000

Re: Auto log on

[i]I saw a thread awhile back about a utility that will log off after a certain amount of inactivity.

Does anyone have such a program?

GW [/B]
    I think TreoHelper should do this.

Geek
    Well, I got my first bill since getting my Treo 650 as a replacement for my Kyo 7135. I activated the phone myself on Verizon's web site. I was hoping that by doing that I could avoid making any changes to my MOU status. I used the Internet once a few days after this. Just loaded up one or two pages.

But I had a charge of 57 cents for 38kb of data on my bill this month. I called regular customer service (not data, because I had a couple other questions on my bill) and spoke to Rob. Explained that with my Kyo, only minutes were used. He said, "no problem, as long as you don't go over your plan minutes during the day you won't get charged" and said he switched it over. So I reiterated, "as long as I only use it on my free nights and/or weekends and don't go over my minutes there will be no data charges." "Yes", he said. I think I'll just load up Google now and see what comes up on my bill next month. We'll see . . .

MOU FOR ME TOO!

I just switched over to the Treo 650 from Kyo 7135 on 11/5/2005. Ever since the last time my 7135 was replaced (SRCP) they slapped me back on the per kilo usage ($.015/kB) and I never thought much about it because I didn't use it that much. Now that I have the 650 with the high-res screen I figured I may be using the internet some more so I thought I'd give it a shot to get the MOU re-added to the account.

After reading over this thread and the fact that I *KNOW* that I had MOU prior to 12/2004 when the first 7135 went bad, I figured I would give it a try to get this added.

IT WORKED!!! ... I talked to Corey (sp?) at x5733 in the phone upgrade-features dept. After much searching through old past bills (prior to 12/2004) he was able to see the minutes used on the number (777)000-0001 and I explained to him that this was data and he would not see any per-kilo usage on any statement prior to that.

It took a while because ever since I got the last replacement 7135, I had activated a generic LG phone for 1 day while I was waiting for the new replacement. Since this phone didn't have internet capability they wiped the "National Access (Express Network)" from my account. I called once to try and get it back at that time but was unsuccessful. Since then they have been charging me the data usage as could be seen on any recent statement of mine.

If anyone has the grandfathered "America's Choice" plan with a PDA-phone (Kyo 6035/7135, etc.) I would try getting in touch with this CSR now that I've "trained" him that we should be receiving MOU

CSR name: Corey
    extension: x5733

Good luck to you!

I believe that if you use "Express Network" you will be charged by the KB. But if you choose "Virtual Modem", which takes the place of Wireless Modem for the old 7135, you will be charged by the minute. MOU used to be called VZW Quick 2 Net. Now MOU is called 'untitled'. It dials #777. Any comments?

db
    Originally posted by BEERviper
    MOU FOR ME TOO!

If anyone has the grandfathered "America's Choice" plan with a PDA-phone (Kyo 6035/7135, etc.) I would try getting in touch with this CSR now that I've "trained" him that we should be receiving MOU

CSR name: Corey
    extension: x5733

Good luck to you!
    thanks for your work. i look forward to talking with corey.

>which number did you call to get to his x5733 extension?
    >what are the settings you've used in the network prefs?

THANKS!
    -db

Forgive me for the off topic comment, but I have to say...

It's times like this that make me happy to be with Sprint.

If i set up a "Virtual Modem" using an ISP number, will I get an additional charge for bandwidth, or am I better off to use #777 to use my minutes? Which way is safer (cheaper)?

Originally posted by db
    thanks for your work. i look forward to talking with corey.

>which number did you call to get to his x5733 extension?
    >what are the settings you've used in the network prefs?

THANKS!
    -db
    I just called the main number 800-2-JOIN-IN and selected the option for phone feature upgrades.

I'm using the National Access settings for network prefs, I just started my new billing cycle and am showing no data charges for the last statement month (10-Oct - 10-Nov).