+ Reply to Thread

Return to previous application button?

Former 7135 user. I used to be able to tap the phone icon in the upper-right corner of the graffiti area to return to the most previously used application.

I could flip back and forth between the phone and the last app. Any way to do this with Treo 650?

If I use Directory assistant, and hit map, and that pulls up the browser, is there a key to return to Directory assistant?

Thanks for any advice...

-Dan

When they pry it from my cold hand. tivolutionist's Avatar
    I just ran across a page that says you can accomplish this with a combination of free apps.

Switch5 & FieldPlus

I've been using FieldPlus for quite a while, and Switch5 looks pretty good to.

Switch5 does the app switching, and in order to avoid remapping a hard key for it, you set Switch5 to activate from the command line. FieldPlus lets you activate the command line (among other neat and useful goodies)

When they pry it from my cold hand. tivolutionist's Avatar
    After only a few minutes of trying this out, it is not the most elegant solution, but it does work (esp if you use your Treo right handed). I have FieldPlus set so holding the menu key brings up the command line, and then I can quite easily 'tap' the Switch5 icons with my thumb. As I said. Not elegant, but it works. Also, Switch5 recognizes the 5way switch, so if you use the MRUapplist function, you can scroll through it with the 5way.

Check out freeware McPhling v5.xx.
    It will let you switch back and forth between 2 apps with a button.
    It will also let you see a customizable list of recent apps and re-launch one.
    Be sure to get the 5.xx version - it's meant for OS5 (no hacks).
    It's been around a long time, and it is freeware and open source.

Butler has a feature that lets you use the side rocker (vol control button) to scroll through previous apps.