+ Reply to Thread

How to capture voice mail message?

Is there some way to capture or save a voice mail message so it can be accessed by other aps, say, as an .mp3 or something?

If it could be saved to the card, perhaps there's some way to access that file with PC software to do conversion, etc.

Any ideas?

UPDATE
    I figured it out. I have a headphone adapter (original for my kyo 7135, made by "Cool Cat; comparable products readily available, HERE for example) that breaks out to a microphone and a jack that allows me to plug in any stereo headset. Using a male-to-male cable, (standard headphone jacks, 3.5 mm) I connected that to the mic input jack on my laptop. Media Jukebox, my audio application, has a "capture sound" feature (as do many other audio aps). The rest is history.

650 -> headset adapter -> m2m cable -> laptop mic input -> audio capture application
    Last edited by mikewillnot; 11-03-2005 at 07:38 AM.

mVoice can record phone calls to the main memory and an SD card. Just start mvoice, call voicemail to listen to messages, and there you go. Have fun....

does mvoice come with the treo. i have a verizon treo, and i was looking to record voice, and don't see any app to do that. thanks.

Google it. It is a third party program.
    esmass:p

OK found it. Should I be surprised that the Treo does not come with a voice recorder app that all $50 cell phones now have? Or is there a freeware/shareware voice recorder? I just want to be able to capture thoughts if something strikes me. thanks.

Originally posted by jbinbi
    OK found it. Should I be surprised that the Treo does not come with a voice recorder app that all $50 cell phones now have? Or is there a freeware/shareware voice recorder? I just want to be able to capture thoughts if something strikes me. thanks.
    Might be a "kludgy" workaround, but it works: Use the "Media" application to launch the video recorder, which records sound as well.