+ Reply to Thread

$100 credit at palm store - best use?

I'm trading in an item with the palm trade in program that shows I should qualify for a $100 credit in about 30 days or so. If it comes through, what should I use it for?

I have sprint treo 650, SD card, business connect service, beyond contacts, documents to go, and timbuk2 case already.

I've looked at the keyboards and gps units, but I'm just curious what other people would use the credit for and what items people feel would be a priority if you had the money to spend.

I guess I don't know what I don't know I need, if you know what I mean.

www.palm.com is where the credit is supposed to be for.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    If you already have all the basics like a USB retractable sync/charger cable and and retractable pair of headphones than go for the Palmone GPS bundle.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Thanks. I forgot to include that I also have screen protectors, retractable sync/versa charger from boxwave, and a etymotic headset.

After reviewing all day long, I've been contemplating the GPS setup, a keyboard, or maybe some of the nice etymotic or shure headphones.

I looked at the wifi sled, but it looks like it claims to not be very functional with sprint service.

How well does the palm gps unit work?

Do a little google search for Palm GPS review or something similar. Should be good. You know it's a repackaged product with a Palm sticker on it.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

JUST BE SURE NOT TO MISS THE EXPIRATION DATE OF THE CREDIT AS IT ONLY FOR ABOUT 60-90 DAYS.

Thanks. I haven't even got it yet. I just shipped my trade in item out yesterday.

When I got mine, it was by e mail. I was travelling and deleting a lot of junk e mail. I remembered that I had not heard from them and called to check on it. I was told it had been e mailed. I did not have it, so I they gave me the info.

I had about 4 days til it expired and then just bought an overpriced SD card.

Watch your e mail carefully

Thanks, will do.

I would give the credit to your best friend, Rastula.

Question On the edge of my seat waiting ...

What did you decide to do with your credit when it comes in?

I still haven't yet. However, it's funny that you posted this because I received at around the exact same time an email from the trade in program indicating they received my item.

I'm down to one of the following:

Cradle
    GPS setup
    Keyboard

You already have 2 keyboards. One on your Treo 650 and one on the pc you sync with. Do you really need 3?

Only when I'm away from the office and stationary. For example, during hurricane Wilma, my wife and I evacuated and spent 5 days away. It would have been nice to have the keyboard at times to still manage to handle email and stuff without having to use the thumbpad.

Vaja case.

Sell it to me for $50!

Now there is an idea. Once I get the credit, I'll see if there are any restrictions on it. If not, I'll highly consider your offer. Thanks.