+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kmaps

Kmaps

Has anyone tried this program. Looks great but with java installed it will use a lot of ram and probably a lot of $$ in data time.

Let us know if it is any good.

Yes, it's good and can be quite useful if need to see a good map and don't have mapping software already.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Kmaps is one of those amazing programs that will sell Treo650s when people see it.

Yes, it needs Java, and it has a strange interface, BUT when travelling in an unfamiliar area, it is the next best thing to a GPS device.

While a drunk passenger two weeks ago, I was able to get my driver from one unfamiliar city to a restaurant in another unfamiliar city 20 miles away with Kmaps. Several of the people we met there say they got lost on the way, and they had been there last year, and were presumably sober.

I just recommend using kmaps extensively before you really need it in the real world.

-Warr

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    I saw this thread and decided to give it a shot. It is less than intuitive, but once you get a few starting addresses saved you can move faster in it.
    If you don't have unlimited data you should not be online on your Treo650. You will get slammed.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

I just installed Kmaps, but it seems like the maps never load correctly, I always see a partial map and if I try to move it takes forever for the maps to generate. I assume its b/c of the slow internet connection?
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/communi...x15/blue_1.gif
    Get FireFox!

phones: Sam 8500, Sam a460, Sam i500, Treo 650
    Plan: $39.99= 750AT/3000NW@8/UnlPcs2Pcs/FIMF + $10 Vision + $5 SMS

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    Screw Kmaps. It sucks. It is very hard to navigate and you have to load Java onto your handheld. Go with Directory Assitant/ It is free too and is 10 times easier to use. I deleted my KMaps entirely.

Enoy your toy!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)