+ Reply to Thread

Best Browser other than Blazer and Xiino?

Does anyone know if there is any alternative web browsers to Blazer and Xiino.
    Blazer is slow but does decent job of formatting pages.
    Xiino is fast but doesn't do html or javascript very well.

I've searched the web and can't find anything.

The only other option is Opera Mini which requires Java. I don't know how it compares though.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Originally posted by alex_mathews
    The only other option is Opera Mini which requires Java. I don't know how it compares though.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I believe WebPro or nWeb can be on this list as well.
    Michael

I tried WebPro but could not get it to work on my Sprint 650

Xiino 3 - I LOVE the interface. I hate the manual - I've been using it since v1.09e and found things by chance last month!("sync" in a bookmark works with Cruizer, not Hotsync. FYI - Cruizer works directly with the internet on a smartphone - no need for conduits).

Yeah - Xiino is behind the times with only HTML3 support rather than HTML4.

But javascript? It has been a trooper for me.

What sites are giving you problems?

FWIW - there is iPanel - an updated version of what Kyocera 7135's were shipped with. I haven't seen a review, nor can I give any feedback yet. But it is another browser, and apparently one that doesn't require a proxy machine (which could limit life (ala Blazer 1,2 &?), and limit reliability, and possibly allow local html file handling from an SD card!)

I don't have their link handy - I think it is in China. Their organization is a bit confusing because they are (or were) linked to EIS in California (EIS does NOT stand for Eudora Internet Suite!).

Originally posted by ReadOnly
    Xiino 3 - I LOVE the interface. I hate the manual - I've been using it since v1.09e and found things by chance last month!("sync" in a bookmark works with Cruizer, not Hotsync. FYI - Cruizer works directly with the internet on a smartphone - no need for conduits).

Yeah - Xiino is behind the times with only HTML3 support rather than HTML4.

But javascript? It has been a trooper for me.

What sites are giving you problems?

FWIW - there is iPanel - an updated version of what Kyocera 7135's were shipped with. I haven't seen a review, nor can I give any feedback yet. But it is another browser, and apparently one that doesn't require a proxy machine (which could limit life (ala Blazer 1,2 &?), and limit reliability, and possibly allow local html file handling from an SD card!)

I don't have their link handy - I think it is in China. Their organization is a bit confusing because they are (or were) linked to EIS in California (EIS does NOT stand for Eudora Internet Suite!).
    The websites I surf haven't done well with Xiino. Fast though. Blazer does a much better job with formatting. Blazer has a Optimized mode and wide page mode that helps with getting the best looking page. But it is soooooo slowwwwwwwwww.
    Sometimes I don't know if its still loading or frozen.

For example, with Xiino goto eBay and try to login to your acct. It freezes every single time I try that. Blazer is slow but makes it through the login process.

Also, checkout some non-pda optimized sites, Xiino go crazy with garbled stuff everywhere, Blazer keeps it pretty much intact.

Opera Mini SUCKS - does no download has the two bars taking up most of the screen. English version is not installed need to understand german to get it to change to English.

Xiino also sucks though it works a little faster than Blazer. Download is a little better but not much it will allow you to download a little more than 2MB. It is better in the fact that if you don't want the WAP verision of google and Yahoo it allows you to see Yahoo like on a computer. What is up with Verizon messing up my Yahoo I hate the WAP version! I don't understand why they changed it.

Anyway you put things Blazer seems to be the better of the worst browsers out there.

There is not other browser out there you geeks will make some serious cash if you find out how to make a browser that will be better than these!
    esmass:p