+ Reply to Thread

Clear SMS "To:" menu

The Treo seems to store SMS names and/or phone numbers so that you can easily send additional messages to the people that you have already sent messages to.

Short of doing a hard-reset, how can I clear this list? (Soft reset dosn't solve this problem).

Use Filez and locate a file named:
    SMS Quicklist

delete it and then it should clear your to:

for MMS:

Look for a file called PIXER Recent delete that and it will clear your quick list.

Remember you have to do this everytime you want to clear your files.
    esmass:p

Thanks very much.

I know that programs such as fileZ, have the ability to show which files are associated with which apps., but I'm always afraid to delete any files. I never know what they will do to my system.

I think that it would be a good idea for software developers to include a list of related files that affect their software, and provide a discription of what they do, & what happens if you delete them etc.

Dont worry about these files - they are usually temporary files like bookmarks or history from blazer you can delete them and once you activiate the program again they will reappear.

I have deleted these two associated files many times and have not had any problems.

It seemed to work. Thanks again for the info.

Is ther anyway to know (rule of thumb) which files in general are temprorary and which are not?

I really don't know but i just assume that anything that would be temp like cookies, history, etc.. are the files that one can normally delete. Other than that I dont have a definte answer for you.