+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone's Treo 650 work?

I bought a Treo 650 in 2/05, and it never worked. After arguing with Sprint for months, I'm ready to throw it in the garbage...but I still need a phone with pda and email. I'm considering another Treo 650, but am scared to death of getting another lemon.

Do any of these Treo 650's really work?

Mine worked out of the box... What is yours not doing?

The main problem is that I have to hit the hot synch button about 100 times for it to work. Sprint tech support says the phone has a bad port. More recently, I've been unable to send emails through my companies Webmail system.

Glad to hear your's has been troublefree.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by ihatesprint
    The main problem is that I have to hit the hot synch button about 100 times for it to work. Sprint tech support says the phone has a bad port. More recently, I've been unable to send emails through my companies Webmail system.

Glad to hear your's has been troublefree.
    My Sprint Treo 650 works fine. If Sprint Tech Support is saying that yours has a bad port, then that's evidence enough to force Sprint to give you a new replacement 650 at no cost.
    Michael

I got a Treo 600, but no problems here. IMHO, Sprint got the worst tech support of any carrier, Verizon replaced my Treo almost instantly once I had a slight battery problem.

Re: Does anyone's Treo 650 work?

I bought a Treo 650 in 2/05, and it never worked. After arguing with Sprint for months, I'm ready to throw it in the garbage...but I still need a phone with pda and email. I'm considering another Treo 650, but am scared to death of getting another lemon.

Do any of these Treo 650's really work?
    Wow, you must be working with the wrong people. Do you have insurance on the phone, if so, have you tried placing a claim? Also, is there a corporate Sprint store around your area? It is so much easier to work with Sprint in person than on the phone. Call them and talk to them, let their manager work with you, they have the same power as the phone people. At this point, I would start writing emails, sending certified letters to Sprint. Get on their nerves, they will help you. Its not that they do not want to help you, its that you have talked to nothing but morons who are more concerned with when there next break is. Good Luck

More recently, I've been unable to send emails through my companies Webmail system.
    What type of webmail system does your company use? Have they made any changes on their end lately? Have you talked with / physically shown the webmail administrator what your problem is? The Treo 650 is a very popular busines phone, i'm sure they would be very interested in problems related to it.

I got a new Treo 650 from Verizon, and everything works just as it should. Now that I have a working Treo, I realize that my old one was broken in ways that I had not even realized.

Thank you so much to those that share your experiences and advice with me. All that is left for me now is to sue Sprint.