+ Reply to Thread

Treo 650 and Bluetooth 2.0 compatibility

Hello from a new forum member and new Treo 650 owner. This is a great forum and I'm learning a lot - thanks!

I have a question about Hot Syncing my Treo 650 with my Dell laptop, which has Bluetooth 2.0. I am able to transfer files from the 650 to the laptop and back to the treo, however I'm not able to hotsync using Bluetooth on this laptop. Is there a compatibility with the 650's 1.2 Bluetooth and the 2.0 Bluetooth on the Dell? I've set up the virtual port, but no joy.

I know that the Bluetooth functionality works as I'm able to sync up using Bluetooth to another laptop that has Bluetooth 1.1.

Thanks,
    David

David,

were you able to do this? How fast/slow is the sync compared to syncing with a cable?

Thank you
    Drew
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

Drew,

Yes, I was able to get it to work after a firmware upgrade on the bluetooth card on my laptop. The Bluetooth hotsynch is slower than the usb cable hotsynch, but much more convenient.

David

Jae
    David,

Have you tried following the Treo CD instructions on Bluetooth sync? I remember following some steps to install a Bluetooth serial connection to enable the hot sync. It is rrreeeaalllyyy slow. One note, turn the phone off and then hot sync via bluetooth. For me it crashes the phone if I receive a phone call during a hotsync via bluetooth. When I'm hotsyn using USB and receive a call, the caller simply goes to VM.

J
    J