+ Reply to Thread

Media and Snappermail 1.95

Has anyone had difficulty in having Sanppermail (version 1.95) transfer a JPEG file to Treo's Media to view a mailed picture?
    When I select the file in Snappermail, I get asked to open in Mediam, save on my card, etc. If I select Media, it begins the transfer and freezes the Treo...I need to do a soft reset?

Any help? Not sure its Media or Snappermail or that they are not compatable. Don't want to upgrade to SnapperMail 2.+ ...

Unhappy tranferrring to media

I have the same problem while trying to transfer from any email program to media. I end up having to reset. Very frustrating.

rob

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    The 1.x version of SnapperMail does not completely work with the functionality of newer handhelds like the Treo 650. You should upgrade to the 2.x version as the problem(s) you are encountering are fixed in that version.

Hope this helps! If not, send a message to "support@snappermail.com", and you'll get usually get a response from Jennifer Shelamer. You could possibly get one from me, though, since I work part time on the official SnapperMail support team.
    Michael

Thanks for the tip that i will need to upgrade. I did load version 2 and it does work. Looks like I will get myself upgraded.

Snapper not delivering basic functionality

I had all manner of problems with snappermail 1.x crashing my then 6035, and later my 7135.

I went rounds with snappermail support to no avail. I sent detailed logs to their support staff. They actually told me to buy the 7135, yet refused to take the 6035 off of their supported device list even after admitting there were issues with the 6035.

Not just because of their advice, I did buy a 7135 and the crashing continued.

The bottom line is that I paid real money for the 1.x product which never actually worked properly. Why would I buy in again for 2.x? It's not like snappermail is a cheap program.

Given that 1.x never worked properly, if the fix for 1.x is to go to 2.x then they really should give the update away.

I have a Treo 650 now, and am very happy with the free VersaMail application which actually works well and not prone to crashing.

-Dan

PS: I do have friends who have current edition of snappermail and say they finally fixed it and it works well now. Glad to hear it, but I never got good use out of the Snappermail I *already* paid for.

Re: Snapper not delivering basic functionality

Originally posted by dalbrich
    I had all manner of problems with snappermail 1.x crashing my then 6035, and later my 7135.
    Quite obviously you had something wrong with your devices then. If something was really wrong with SnapperMail, then every single user with those devices would have the problems that you did. However, we did not have very many problem reports with them at all. In fact, I even used SnapperMail 1.x on my own Kyocera 7135 when I had it. No problems encountered. In the end, we're sorry you had problems, but there's only so much that can be done with an unstable device. Glad you're happy with VersaMail!
    Michael

Well I did purchase 1.9.2 for my 7135...it's been a while now. I tried to load and use 1.9.5 when it came out but kept getting a null error when I tried to delete a message. I coresponded with Snappermail's folks for a while providing them with logs, etc and I NEVER received a final assesment of the problem. I was forced to go back to version 1.9.2. When I received my 650, I was able to use 1.9.5. I did get a bit of mileage out of that version. Now I do have V2 and my issue in this thread has been resolved.

snappermail v 2.xxx

I have just installed the latest version of snappermail Premier. It works absolutely perfectly with media player.

rob

i evaluated a bunch of email apps this summer and went with snappermail 2. i've been quite pleased with it.

my only gripe is that i can't for the life of me configure things so the OS will use snappermail to send pictures out. but the factory app does the job, so i've given up trying.

fwiw,
    doody.

Re: Re: Snapper not delivering basic functionality

>Quite obviously you had something
    > wrong with your devices then.

No, in fact I'm very adept at troubleshooting palm os problems with years of experience. I went through a very thorough process including hard reset, and just loading snappermail. The problems I encountered mostly only occured when the automatic fetch of email was enabled-- which I considered snapper's best feature.

Support staff at snappermail acknowledged the problems I had seen without resolving them.

> Glad you're happy with VersaMail!

Yes, and VersaMail can auto-fetch mail, do IMAP/POP/SSL send and receive photos, and has a nice two-line display like the thumb-mode in Snapper.

-- Some of my prior dialog with snapper support follows. Note that they could not test my issue because they did not even have a 6035 for testing, despite the fact that the website claimed 6035 officially supported. In the dialog that follows Jennifer suggests I use something other than a 6035-- and subsequently would not remove the 6035 from the supported list. I gave detailed reports for several of the snapper 1.x problems which were never fully resolved.

The excerpt that follows was in regard to Snappermail failing to disconnect my network connection after autofetch completion...

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info. Just out of curiosity, what was the idle timeout set to
    previously? If it was set to "Never," I guess that could cause problems!

We've noted the information about the programming menus on the 6035. Between
    the fact that the 6035 is no longer sold (and was never very popular in the
    first place), the fact that we don't have one for testing, and the lack of
    available information on interfacing with the phone app (also a problem on
    the 7135), I doubt we will be able to fix the problem you're seeing. It's
    really odd, though, that we would have an effect on the phone menus! I
    apologize for the inconvenience.
    ---
    Jennifer Shelamer
    Online FAQs: http://www.snappermail.com/support

----- Original Message -----
    To: "Jennifer Shelamer" <supportatsnappermail.com>
    Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 2:33 PM
    Subject: Re: Snapper using a lot of minutes

>> Couple last comments on this issue:
    >> - There is a consistent, esoteric bug with my device an 1.9.2 of
    >> snappermail. If the program is loaded onto my palm (even if it is not in
    >> use) I cannot access my phone's programming menus.
    >> To reproduce this:
    >> - Load snapper on a clean Verizon Kyocera 6035
    >> - Try to enter programming menu. Dial "111111" (six ones) jog-dial in,
    >> select programming. Enter MSL code "000000" six zeros. You'll lock up the
    >> device. Error in line 43 of main.c (or something like that).
    >> - Reset (soft reset), delete snapper, try again. With snapper present,
    >> you cannot access programming menus. With snapper removed things work
    >> fine.

Well, all I can say then is that's very odd. Loading a third-party application shouldn't be able to mess with the firmware. Quite amazing that it seems to have in your case.
    Michael