+ Reply to Thread

Sleeping with the treo

I just switched from the i500, quick question about sounds and settings.

At night I like to keep my phone on, with the ringer and vibrate off so that it is silent, but when I wake up in the AM I can see any missed calls. What is the quickest and easiest way to get the phone to this setting every night?

Also, when I have the phone on silent at night, I use megaclock as my alarm clock, how can I make it so the alarms I megaclock will go off despite the ringer being off on the phone?

Thanks
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/communi...x15/blue_1.gif
    Get FireFox!

phones: Sam 8500, Sam a460, Sam i500, Treo 650
    Plan: $39.99= 750AT/3000NW@8/UnlPcs2Pcs/FIMF + $10 Vision + $5 SMS

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Lightbulb Ask and you shall receive ....

Fastest way is to use the silent switch on the top of your 650.

By default, this switch will set the cell to vibrate. It is easy to turn off vibrate for the switch and have complete silence.
    Just go to your preferences. Select Sounds & Alerts. The screen will start in the 'Phone' section, which is exactly where you need to be.
    At the bottom it says, "Sound Mode Off"
    Next to 'Vibrate' select OFF

Done!

Now when you flick your switch to 'Silent' it will be truely silent, with no vibrate.

Enjoy your toy !!!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Thumbs up Sleeping with your 650 part 2

I'd also recommend Butler to kill the LED at night as well.
    You can select what times you would like the LED to stop blinking. ( IE LED off at 10pm and back on at 7am)
    If you are sleeping with your 650 on, the lack of an all night green LED disco light is great.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Thanks, but I would like the switch to still move it to vibrate, that way I can quickly swtich during the day to vibrate and not vibrate. If I change the switch to silent with no vibrate, what is the easieset way throughout the day to switch between ringer and vibrate?
    Get FireFox!

When they pry it from my cold hand. tivolutionist's Avatar
    I would suggest a combination of the hardware switch at an app called Profiles that lets you quickly change Prefs settings .

yeah although this is seems extremly complicated.

I just want to have a night profile where everything is silent except for alarm applications.

if i use the profile thing i could create a night profile but then,

1. i think it would render the hardware switch obsolete, or could i set it to have the 2 other profiles, 1 for when on sound and 1 for when on silent mode.

2. is thre an easy way to switch b/w profiles? would be a pain to every night have to go to the prefs men.

i'm used to samsung phones where you hold volume down to set ringer to vibrate or silent! damn!
    Get FireFox!

Search Palmgear for an app called Treocentral. It has a Do not disturb feature that is highly configurable. It also has other features that you may or may not find useful.

Edit: I just remembered that I tried another app called Kill Sound that actually lets you set up profiles that automatically activate with certain times. This one for sure will do what you want it to do.

One note: I used it to silence SMS in particular over night. But it wouldn't accept a time span straddling midnight. So I just set up two of the same profile. One from say 9 pm to midnight. then the other from Midnight to 7 am.

ST
    Last edited by stmax; 11-16-2005 at 09:27 PM.

hmm, thanks, but did that allow it so that your alarm sound will still come through? I like to use it as an alarm clock when travelling, but don't want to be woken up by calls/sms in middle of night.
    Get FireFox!

EMN
    Why not just turn off the phone, but leave the sound on? Your alarm will still go off, and it only takes a few seconds to power on the phone and get messages in the morning.

Originally posted by JRoss
    hmm, thanks, but did that allow it so that your alarm sound will still come through? I like to use it as an alarm clock when travelling, but don't want to be woken up by calls/sms in middle of night.
    Yes because what you are doing is setting up a profile for each type of sound... ie sms, calls, alarms... etc. So you can set up a profile called Theater where maybe you want no alarms, calls, sms, vs sleep which is no calls, sms but alarms ok.

ST