+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sms

sms

When a text message comes in is there a way to have the t650 have a SMS notification icon if I do not view the text. In other words, now a msg comes in and instead of going to the message I press “ok”, maybe I’m busy and can’t respond or whatever. Then I forget the text came in, but because I saw the msg and pressed ok the phone does not notify me with a sms icon. However, when a voicemail comes in, once I clear it from the alerts menu, I still see the VM icon. How can I make this setting stay for SMS msgs? Or is there no such thing as an SMS icon?
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/communi...x15/blue_1.gif
    Get FireFox!

phones: Sam 8500, Sam a460, Sam i500, Treo 650
    Plan: $39.99= 750AT/3000NW@8/UnlPcs2Pcs/FIMF + $10 Vision + $5 SMS

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    i havn't been able to figure this out either. I started reading the sms right away now cuz I always forgot it too.
    Hate to sound like a Butler salesman, but Butler does have settings to stop the SMS popup. It will still make noise, and Butler can remind you of it at whatever interval you choose. I have mine set for 1 minute, so if i choose to ignore an SMS, it will remind me in 1 minute.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

but does that reminder pop up and take up the whole screen? I'd like it to pop up and then disappear but leave a notification icon
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/communi...x15/blue_1.gif
    Get FireFox!

phones: Sam 8500, Sam a460, Sam i500, Treo 650
    Plan: $39.99= 750AT/3000NW@8/UnlPcs2Pcs/FIMF + $10 Vision + $5 SMS

Hi there... I think I may have a couple options:

The first would be to simply uncheck Show Message Alerts under Prefs-> Messaging-> Tones. When a message comes you would still receive the alert but instead of that big box you'd get a flashing star in the top left corner. Thus you can check it at your leisure, but that star would remain until you acknowledge the message.

The second option which I haven't tested is a free app calles PJBtime. I happened to notice it next to the Treohelper download icon. http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html

It has a configurable amount of time that you want the message to stay on the screen before fading away on its own.

ST

I am looking to send out a mass text message to say 30 people at the same time. As far as I can see, the 650 will only let enter one contact at a time...does anyone know how to enter more than one contact at a time to expedite this process? Thanks
    yawn
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.

anyone got a possible answer?
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.