+ Reply to Thread

Man this phone is a great ride, but...

I switched from i500 to the Treo 650, it's such a great upgrade and difference...
    But now I have to start everything from the beggining and I was hopping to get some simple answers after going through a BUNCH of threads about this, and believe me I did.
    What's the first thing to start with? probably SanDisk, but I don't really need a $199 one, just something descent without going crazy. Then I'd like some cool (hopefully free ringtones), after this MP3's, if it's possible I'd like to get a few of those and ringtones for a descent deal. The most important for me is a POP email where I can receive and send out from the phone, and I don't mind spending some $ on this part, I think Chattermail had the best reviews for what I need.
    Please help me out and make it simple, I'm not as saavy as most of you, be "gentle"
    Thanks to all.

THere are a bunch of card options out there. It all depends on what you need to carry around with you. However, you get what you pay for usually when it comes to read/write performance.

Free rongtones? Go to Walmart.com and you can download the short "preview" samples from their CD collection.

I prefer Snapper over Chatter, but the Treo comes with Versamail free that will ahndle basic POP needs.

Yes, but I heard Versamail doesn't let you receive and send email directly from the PDA, am I wrong?

I use Versamail on my Treo all the time... simple and it works great for me. I have 6 different email accounts - a lot of client's set me up with their own server's email... ugh.

Anyway, it works great... if I could figure out how to make it read my encrypted email, THEN I would be set

new to treo

Originally posted by ohvhost
    THere are a bunch of card options out there. It all depends on what you need to carry around with you. However, you get what you pay for usually when it comes to read/write performance.

Free rongtones? Go to Walmart.com and you can download the short "preview" samples from their CD collection.

I prefer Snapper over Chatter, but the Treo comes with Versamail free that will ahndle basic POP needs.
    Questions as I join the discussion:
    1. How do I get the clips I download from Walmart installed on the Treo? Conversion needed right? How do I do that?

2. Is there a hack that allows you to assign specific ringers to specific people? I also came from the i500 and had that option. Not seeing it here.

Probably more later but this is a start.

Thanks for the help!

no conversion needed if you use butler or some other third aprty apps, use your regular PC to go to the walmart site and then save the clisp you want to your PC. then simply hotsync/bluetooth then toyour phone or use a card reader to copy them over.

ther eis a thread in this forum about how to create your own ringtones in the treo format

not sure if a third party app can do it or not for regular contacts, but you can assign different tones to the favorites buttons in the phone app.

I encounetred a few problems with my treo...
    - When I Sync it with my laptop I have all the stuff from my i500 coming into the Treo, how do I avoid this?
    - Another thing is when I press Versamail icon the whole phone shuts OFF, I can't access this feature at all, why?
    - How do I send images from skin selector to make it wall paper? I can do it with my pics from the photo album, but not fron skin selector.
    - How do I send pics from phone to laptop?

Thnx everyone.

Re: new to treo

Originally posted by jedi75
    Questions as I join the discussion:
    1. How do I get the clips I download from Walmart installed on the Treo? Conversion needed right? How do I do that?

2. Is there a hack that allows you to assign specific ringers to specific people? I also came from the i500 and had that option. Not seeing it here.

Probably more later but this is a start.

Thanks for the help!
    mRing is an app. that allows you to set different ringers for different people.

I switched over from the i500 last week. I really like the Treo but in terms of phone functionality I like the i500 much better.

I still have not found a good app to make voice dialed calls, I also miss the side button on the i500 the voice dial/voice recorder function was great.

I also do not like the contacts list on the t650.
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/communi...x15/blue_1.gif
    Get FireFox!

phones: Sam 8500, Sam a460, Sam i500, Treo 650
    Plan: $39.99= 750AT/3000NW@8/UnlPcs2Pcs/FIMF + $10 Vision + $5 SMS

treobits.com has some Midi ringtones for free.