+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Cradle?

Which Cradle?

I have decided to bite the bullet on a cradle. Has anybody had any particularly good or bad experiences with any? Thanks for your input.

It really depends on your requirements. The Palm Cradle Kit is well made and can charge a spare battery. This cradle is not powered by the USB port.

The Seidio InnoDock can be used without removing your case (not absolutely every case) and it has an audio out port and it's powered by your PC's USB port. There is a separate Seido Spare Battery Charger available if you need it.

The last cradle you could choose from is the Smartphone Experts Cradle, which is powered by the USB port.

Wait, there is one more, which is the Pacific Rim Desk Charger. This one is powered by an included AC adapter.
    Last edited by alex_mathews; 11-17-2005 at 10:41 AM.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

I use the Palm Cradle and I like it.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I have the Seidio InnoDock. It works very well.
    Michael

I was considering the Pacific Rim one as it seems to be on Ebay a lot and it is just for my nightstand. Does anyone have any experience with it... or are there any risks to the warranty for using a non palm cradle?

ST

Are all these quality cradles? I had a non-oem one for my old treo 600 and it worked ok but it was so light weight the whole thing would fall over if bumped

The Palm (OEM) cradle is like a rock. Not quite as stable as the 7135 cradle, but only because of footprint, not weight or quality of build. I have not used or seen/touched any of the others. FYI.

I've got both the Palm cradle and the Seidio Innodock, and they both work well under the circumstances. The biggest factor is whether or not you want to use the Treo in a case with the cradle. If you want to keep a case on, and not take it on and off, then the Seidio is for you.

Raleigh1208

I tried one of those pieces of junk I found on eBay. Then I bought the Palm OEM.

The OEM is the way to go. The design seems to make it easier to insert. Removal still requires 2 hands (unlike the 7135)

My problem is that I just added egrips, and inserting is now a but snug.

Thanks... this is the type of info I was after. About 7 years ago I bought a non- OEM car charger for my old Nokia Cell phone and it fried it. They wouldn't take it back because I wrecked it with a non-oem component.

ST

Does the Seidio InnoDock have a hotsync button?

I can't see a hotsync button on the Seidio InnoDock.

Does it have one?

I'm leaning towards getting the Seidio InnoDock because it charges using only the USB port which seems nice not to have to have an additional A/C adapter. But if I have to go to the extra effort of navigating to the HotSync app just to initiate a sync on the phone, it isn't worth it to me. (Yes I realize I'm bouncing an old thread, but hey, the subject is correct.)
    Last edited by Aric; 06-06-2006 at 11:54 AM.
    Broken SPH-i500 owner. Now a Treo 650 owner. I miss my i500.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric
    I can't see a hotsync button on the Seidio InnoDock.

Does it have one?

I'm leaning towards getting the Seidio InnoDock because it charges using only the USB port which seems nice not to have to have an additional A/C adapter. But if I have to go to the extra effort of navigating to the HotSync app just to initiate a sync on the phone, it isn't worth it to me. (Yes I realize I'm bouncing an old thread, but hey, the subject is correct.)
    Yes, it does have a hotsync button. It's to the right of the power LED on the front of the InnoDock.
    Michael

I have the PALM CRADLE and if you purchase a charging cable from EBAY instead of the one that comes with it you can power it from the USB port.

That's what I do.

Greg