+ Reply to Thread

Charging problems - please help

It seems that my phone doesn't want to charge its battery - I haven't subjected it to much abuse, but the power cord only fits loosely in the jack on the bottom of the phone. I can get it to charge sometimes, if I get the cord set just right by wiggling it, but it's getting harder and harder. ANYTIME it's plugged in, the red light comes on and the lightning bolt shows up, but most of the time I can disconnect it after several hours and it immediately says "Battery low - you should recharge your phone" - it looks as though the power to actually OPERATE the phone is getting through, but the path to CHARGE the phone is not - this might be a contact problem, which I have been unable to solve on the fly so far -

Anyone else seen this? Come up with any solutions?

Thanks in advance, I could use an answer right now, it's down to 20% and will not charge no matter what I do (change to a new charger, etc.)

B
    2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2

Just so you know you are not alone, I have the EXACT same problem. I have two cords (Seido USB Sync 'N Charge at work, factory included one at home), and have the same problem with both.

Just like you, my problem started out intermittent, but has gotten more and more consistent. I'm getting close to the point where I'm going to call Verizon; a friend has had several 650s replaced (for other problems) with almost no questions asked. If this problem continues, I'll do that and let you know.

And yeah, the really frustrating part is that the damn red "recharging" light comes on regardless of whether it's actually charging or not. I have to turn the sound off to keep myself from going bonkers when the connection (and the beep that goes with it) comes and goes.

I'll second that call for tips from anyone else! Surely we aren't the only two that have seen this problem. Anyone?

Vames -

Thx for the reply - as it turns out, I went our IT dept, and the girl there was nice enough to cycle her battery with mine until I was able to get a solution - my solution now (and not a perfect one, but pretty good) was that she ordered me a car charger (which works fairly well for some reason), a spare battery, and a charger that charges the battery alone - I have been able to cycle back and forth with fresh batteries and I'm alright - however, the phone is under warranty and she suggests I go ahead and get another unit if possible. I'll keep you updated, and inform you if they tell me that they've seen this before.

B
    2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2

Old thread, I know, but I thought I'd update it in case this happened to anyone else.

About a week ago, I finally gave up and broke down and called Verizon. With very few questions asked (did you reset it? um....yeah, that would help it charge how?) they sent me a new phone. It is (so far) having absolutely no problems charging.

Bottom line is, if this happens to you, sounds like the best plan is just call your service provider and they should replace it.