+ Reply to Thread

DUN connection T650 to Dell laptop... anyone?

I have a new Dell I6000 and cannot for the life of me connect via DUN with my Treo. I can pair them, my 650 shows up as a device with DUN service and when I try to connect I get an error 633 that the modem is already in use or not configured properly. The 650 without any changes connects via DUN to my Powerbook with no problems at all, so I know there is something wrong with the Dell. I have had so many problems with Bluetooth in this laptop that I might as well not even have it installed. Anyone had success with this that can let me know their config? Thanks for any help as I'm at the end of my rope with this!

Treo Fanatic
    I am assuming this is a Sprint phone, but the following probably applies to all the different flavors out there.

I have a Sprint 650 that I tried to get to do Bluetooth DUN when the update came out for it. I had errors and never could get it working. I ended up using the PDAnet application and it works everytime... I used the shareware on vacation this year and paid for it while surfing in an area where I could not get any other connection with a local number.

I use it a couple times a month, but when I need it, it is indispensible.

There is some information here.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Treo Fanatic
    Originally posted by alex_mathews
    There is some information here.

There is another one specific to sprint out there too on how to set it up. Tried it over and over... PDAnet is quick and easy. Can do the bluetooth or connect the cable to it as well.

That is just my experience. Your mileage will vary.

have you read this post?

Bluetooth DUN Help Please

Can you bluetooth hotsync on the Dell?

i keep on getting error 666 / 6666 what is that ? it says to turn off the phone and try again? :-/

Try pdanet. See the other thread on pdanet near the top of the forum.
    Mike

well PDAnet is a great program and I use it all the time, but its not always the answer. What if this guy needs to send or recieve a fax, dial-in to the office's network, or something else that requires an actual phone connection?

Lets focus on the problem at hand, not a bandaid for what his problem appears to be.