+ Reply to Thread

PhoneToolsPro Suite, dropped call reporting w/ Sprint

I'm thinking of getting the PhoneToolsPro Suite. But I had some questions for anyone using.

Anyone have some general impressions of the tool and how they use it with Sprint?

I'm with Sprint and I heard from a friend that they will credit you $.50 for every dropped call. So the cost of this tool ($19.95) will pay for it self over time by helping mt to report dropped calls.

Does any one else use it for such reporting?
    How does it work for you?
    How do you report these dropped calls?

Although I am not a Sprint customer, and I don't report my dropped calls, I can add that the PhoneToolsPro suite is a very accurate and detailed call history reporting/tracking tool. Those are the pros....

The cons are, it's registration process. You have to setup a logon name and password on their website to create a profile so that you can add a number of pieces of information. This information is embedded into the PhoneToolsPro software so that it won't work on any phone that doesn't have the information you supply. A picture of the web form is below.

When you upgrade phones, or replace it if it gets damaged, you have to prove to them that you actually purchased another one by sending them a copy of your reciept. Only after proof will they let you download a working version of their software. Actually before you download, you have to update your device profile, without screwing it all up. The device update process is not intuative by any imagination. Actually, it's a major pain in the a$$.

Although their software is very good, be wary of their registration process.
    Last edited by blues; 11-21-2005 at 12:19 PM.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

So what was the main reason you got the PhoneToolsPro Suite?

Originally posted by bfbf504
    So what was the main reason you got the PhoneToolsPro Suite?
    I use the software to monitor my call usage more closely so that I don't go over my allowed minutes each month.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3