+ Reply to Thread

Stuck in a Loop after firmware upgrade 1.04-VZW

Went through the update from Verizon to 1.04, called in and reactivated the phone and when I did a hard reset, the phone just cycles back and forth between TREO650 and the Grey circle. If I force an attempt to Hot-Syn I get a red.green/blue/white bar screen with Bootload v 0.24.
    HELP!!

drr
    This happened to me. Maybe this will help. Keep in mind that if your were real tight on memory before the install, you probably have run out of room. There wasn't enough space to reintroduce your software on top of the new upgrade.
    What I did was to do another hard reset and then take out two of the email programs they added and anything else you don't need from Verizon. Next, I remembered that one of the largest software pieces was Epocrates. I got on their web site and removed the software from my hard drive and all of the bits in the backup folder. Then I resyncd with my old user name and it worked. I was then able to reinstall my Epocrates software. It all now works fine.
    I hope this helps

Sounds reasonable but it is difficult to get it to reset.

drr
    Are you able to do a Hard reset (Holding down the red phone button while reseting and then letting go when the Palm insignia comes on)?

I'm having the exact same problem, but can't do anything about it.
    If I hold the sync button for few seconds it goes to the gree/red screen, to make it dissapear I have to take out the battrery, and there we go again...
    What to do?!?!?

Finally got it to re-sync and did a partial and seems to work. I will add files in bits. Thanks

drr
    Originally posted by frenchym3
    I'm having the exact same problem, but can't do anything about it.
    If I hold the sync button for few seconds it goes to the gree/red screen, to make it dissapear I have to take out the battrery, and there we go again...
    What to do?!?!?
    I think the best bet is to simply go back to the base ROM by doing a hard reset, I think taking out the battery for a while will do the same thing, take out software that it not needed, and resync with your old user name and information.

I am up again. I managed to force it to the first page with the "do you want to erase all data" several times but failed to notice it defaulted to NO. When I wokeup to that I was able to sync by aborting the sync after the first few files. From then on I had no trouble adding the rest by SYNC. The trick was to get to the first window. I tried so many things but I did eventually trick it by trying to SYNC at various times during the sign-on stage. What a pain. Which it was a MAC.

I hard reseted iy 5 times since last night, everytime I hot-sync it the same thing comes up, I can't access anything, the logo goes back and forth...
    I downloaded the 4.1 software couple of times from Palm's site, but that didn't help either. How do I take all the 3rd party programs out of my computer so they don't go in the t650? I think there's something in there that causes it.

drr
    I think the easiest way to do it is to use that temporary user name that you set up when you changed the base software. Open up your palm desktop under your old user name and export all of your contacts, addresses, to do items etc. and then import them into your new user name. Once you have this, you can reinstall your 3rd party software one by one.

The only way I got back running was to abort the SYNC process after a couple of files. It then did a reset without looping again and at that point I synced the rest of the files. Whatever!