+ Reply to Thread

Best TREO Security Program

What security progarm works best with the Treo 650. I woud like my system to lock after 15 minutes. But I can't seem to get anything to work. Is it because the system does not turn off becasue the phone is on? Or, maybe I don't have something configured correctly?

I am using Chatter as my primary email service on a pop A/C set to poll every 15 minutes.

I am leaning toward MSafe because of the ability to erase/lock the system with an SMS, but the auto lock does not seem to work predictably on this program either.

I have never used it, but I believe that the included SECURITY has an option for locking up the system after a time interval.

I use mSafe. I got it because of its ability to lock up the phone and if need be, wipe out all data -even on the SD card, in case I ever lose my Treo. The ability to lockthe phone remotely is very cool.

There are many security programs to choose from. Since TealLock has worked great for me, I havn't spent any time trying out others.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

Hi...

On my Kyo I had TealLock. I am determined to keep this unit as clean as possible and thus so far am going with the built in Security app. I do carry a lot on of personal info on it though so I too am still considering a replacement for it.

I just noticed at Handango an app called :

Warden Security

It seems to be designed specificall for the 600/650. No trial version though! Has anyone tried this one?

ST

Quote Originally Posted by stmax
    Hi...

I just noticed at Handango an app called :

Warden Security

It seems to be designed specificall for the 600/650. No trial version though! Has anyone tried this one?

ST
    Hello stmax,

Pardon the delayed response. FYI Warden security(WS) provides 15 day free trial for evaluation. We recommend you try before you buy.
    Note: The only limitation with evaluation software is time restriction of 15-days.