+ Reply to Thread

Treo 650 Mono & Stereo Sound

Can someone please exploin the 650's sound situation?

I have purchased a Jabra stero headset (was thrilled to find one with the 2.5mm jack) but am only getting sound from one ear.

The 650's jack is "unique". I had a 3.5mm-to-2.5mm adapter for my Kyo 7135, but it only offered mono sound on the 650, though through both earpieces.

I broke down and bought the PalmOne 3.5mm-to-2.5mm headphone adapter for $5.95, and now can use any set of headphones with a standard mini-stereo jack.

Was the Jabra piece presented as one that would give stereo sound specifically on the 650?

There are stereo headsets from Palm and Seidio that work with the Treo. Check them out here.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Hmmmm.... no, guess the Jabra headset isn't a "Treo 650" specific headset. However I handed my 650 to the sales guy and said "i need headsets that work with this".

So stereo sound is possible, but the jack in the phone is only mono?!?! And we need the Palm adapter to get true stereo sound, not mono in both ears?

I know I'm gonna love this.... now that I have a 2.5mm headset, is there a 2.5mm to 2.5mm adapter that gives me stereo sound, or do I need a headset with a 3.5mm jack?

thanks for your comments.

The Treo produces stereo sound without an adapter, but the stereo headset needs to have the correct plug to work correctly. There are adapters from Palm and Seidio to go from 2.5mm to 3.5mm , so that you can use standard stereo headphones. There are also 2.5mm stereo earbuds/headphones available from JAVOedge and BoxWave.
    Last edited by alex_mathews; 11-22-2005 at 02:46 PM.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)