+ Reply to Thread

BIG PROBLEM, plz help

My phone won't stay ON for more than 10sec, I downloaded a few things last night, but I can't remember what are they, is there a way to undo the last downloads? I know I can go to View Log, but that that didn't get me anywhere either.
    How come I can't see all of my downloads in the Quick Install, and just delete them?

Only if you did a backup, would you be able to revert back to the way you were before installing a bunch of applications.

Things are only listed in Quick Install until they are installed. They then disappear from that list.

You should be able to figure out what you installed from View Log in Hotsync manager. When you install something, the line starts like "Installed file:" and then the path to the file on your PC that was installed.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

not sure if i should start a new thread as my question is not going to help out frenchym3, but how does one recover from this kind of situation?

I have my hotsync set to 'handheld overwrites desktop' in the backup section. How would I restore, and would I get a complete restore of my entire phone, including what is on the SD card. I don't believe that the music I put on the card thru a card reader gets backed up to the desktop when I hotsync.

If this is a useful question for other, let me know , and I will re post as a new thread.

Thanks,

Restoring from files on your PC either is a manual process, or automatic if your restoring to a Treo that has gone through a hard reset.

The things on the SD card are not backed up as part of a normal hotsync. There is 3rd party software that can add this functionality. BackupBuddy Professional for Windows and Mac or Missing Sync for Mac provide that functionality. I believe there is another for Windows, but I can't remember the name of it at the moment.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)