+ Reply to Thread

Ring tones sound different?

Has anyone experienced this? I had to hard reset my palm and resync my applications and data. All went well, but I could swear my ring tones sound.... blah. They used to sound crisp and clear, but now seem.... somewhat muffled or monotone... does anyone know if maybe an application I had had cleaned them up, and then was lost on the reset? Or vice-versa?

I use: TakePhone, 2Day, 2Dial, 4Cast, VolumeCare, Butler, Agendus 10, PowerRun and PowerUp.

Maybe Im wrong...maybe turning 40 ruined my hearing overnight. Thanks all... appreciate this forum!
    Last edited by dawinkley; 11-29-2005 at 11:09 PM.
    I500 to Treo650

"I'll be damned.... I fixed it...."

Lesson to be learned here...be CAREFUL with CLEANUP... a product that suggest files you can get rid of. Turns out, I deleted the mid ring tones file that was updated when I updated the Sprint ROM months ago, and the system rebuilt it, to old specs. On a hunch I can't explain, I used FILEZ to delete the existing file on the internal side, restored the one in my CLEANUP back up file, and the damn thing sounds beautiful again... I had done a search on this forum and found that the palm updater cleaned the tones up, and thought "hmmm... could I have...." yup, you could. Take care all
    I500 to Treo650