+ Reply to Thread

Scheduled backups with CardBackup and BackupMan

I use CardBackup and BackupMan to do scheduled backups every night. On my old kyo7135 everything worked fine. On my Treo 650, I noticed that the scheduled backups don't happen when I'm charging the phone over night. I think that something in the charging process is freezing the time (or something else) preventing the backups from occuring. When the phone is not charging during the scheduled backup times, the backups happen as scheduled.

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Abe

Abe, sounds like a software conflict, what else have you added to your Treo? I had a similar problem with Butler at one point.

Originally posted by mk3013
    Abe, sounds like a software conflict, what else have you added to your Treo? I had a similar problem with Butler at one point.
    Here's my apps list...I also had BatteryDr installed but removed it because I didn't use it. And, remember the problem only happens when the phone is plugged into the charger. Do your scheduled backups happen ok when charging?

Here's my list:
    Flt Status
    AirlineLogbook
    BackupMan
    Crash
    Convert-It
    DisplayTimeChange
    DocsToGo
    DatavizTech
    Filez
    FindHack
    HandZipperLite
    CardBkup
    keyDateTime
    KeyguardTime
    LEDOff
    Speedy
    VehicleLog
    KB LightsOff
    PktQuicken
    Parens
    SnapperMail
    TakePhone
    Uninstall_Manager
    VolumeCare
    Xiino3
    ZLauncher

I use Backupman, works fine for me whether the 650 is charging or not. You may wish to do a hard reset on your treo, install backupman, and then see if the automated backup will run while charging. This will tell you if the problem is with another 3rd party app you have installed. You can then restore your 650 using one of your previous backups.

I use Right Back Up from standalone.com, this is by far the best back-up application I've found. Works on ANY Palm OS

Originally posted by Islander
    I use Right Back Up from standalone.com, this is by far the best back-up application I've found. Works on ANY Palm OS
    Do you use it on a Treo650?

Originally posted by Marty
    I use Backupman, works fine for me whether the 650 is charging or not. You may wish to do a hard reset on your treo, install backupman, and then see if the automated backup will run while charging. This will tell you if the problem is with another 3rd party app you have installed. You can then restore your 650 using one of your previous backups.

I'm not quite ready to go that far...yet. I'll first try CardBackup only while charging one night and the BackupMan the next night.

Very strange though...the both backup as scheduled every time...when the phone's not plugged in.

I just found this on standalone.com:
    "Right Back Up v.1.82 and earlier is not compatible with the following handhelds at this time:

* Palm LifeDrive
    * Tungsten T5
    * Treo 650
    * Tungsten E2

If you are using one of these handhelds, we suggest you try the latest Right Back Up v.2.0 beta version instead, available from our Beta Testing section."

Are you using the Beta?

Nope, I'm using 1.82 and it works fine...already tested a full back-up and restore.

Did you see this on their site?
    v.1.81 - Released on November 30th, 2004. Fixes a backup bug with Treo 650 handhelds.
    Last edited by Islander; 12-05-2005 at 06:54 PM.

Nope, I'm using 1.82 and it works fine...already tested a full back-up and restore.

Did you see this on their site?
    v.1.81 - Released on November 30th, 2004. Fixes a backup bug with Treo 650 handhelds.
    Yeah...I noticed that...thought it was strange. I'll have to give RightBackup a look.

Thanks!

Abe

backups

I use to have a kyo7135 and now have a treo 650. I use backupbuddy vfs (and like it very much) but had to upgrade for it to work overnight like on the kyo. works at midnight, regardless of where or what the phone is doing.

I am not happy to had to have use it but I have used it and the restore is flawless and complete.