+ Reply to Thread

Blackberry Connect

Hello,

I am a long time Palm user and am trying to avoid giving it up. I am starting a new job soon and they use Blackberry. I am locked into a 2 year contract with my Treo 650. I really don't want to pack two devices around.

I have been reading about Blackberry Connect that is due to release "Early 2006".

Does anyone know if I will be able to use this service to continue using my Treo? If so will it involve lengthy participation by the IT department? (I will not have any access to user names, passwords, ISP etc.)

Am I hooped here? Are there other options?

ST

Here is what I heard about Blackberry Connect. It is suppose to come 1st qtr. 06. All new Palm phones will come with it AND there should be a update that will follow for current 650 owners.

HOWEVER, all of that depends on what happens with Blackberry and their current lawsuit.

any word on the pricing structure for this? Will the carriers charge extra for this feature?
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/communi...x15/blue_1.gif
    Get FireFox!

phones: Sam 8500, Sam a460, Sam i500, Treo 650
    Plan: $39.99= 750AT/3000NW@8/UnlPcs2Pcs/FIMF + $10 Vision + $5 SMS

Oh yeah, they will charge. However, it will probably be just like the blackberry fee structure now, you pay a set price for a data plan either unlimited or for a certain amount of kb.

Hmm..

Interesting concept. In theory I suppose with Blackberry Connect we would be able to sign up for Blackberry plans?

ST

Sorry to bump my own thread. Does anyone know if there is any info on this? I have Googled etc but can't find anything recent. The original info said by Q1 2006.... Tick Tock!

ST