+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Treo speaker not working after using stock earpiece!

I'm having an issue with my new Treo. (I'm a former 7135 user who got upgraded. )

The other day I made some calls using my earpiece that comes with the Treo. It worked fine. However, now my phone seems confused. It always seems to think that the earpiece is plugged in. I cannot get the speaker on the phone to work at all. Also, the usual option of "speakerphone" isn't available, as it isn't when an earpiece is plugged in to the phone.

If I make a call to VM for instance, I get nothing. No ringing, no "please enter your password", nothing except for the call timer ticking away on the screen. However, If I plug my earpiece back into the bottom of the phone then I can hear everything as normal.

Is this a known issue? I haven't been able to find any other threads on this. Restarting the phone hasn't helped. I haven't tried a re-set because I'm wordering if there is just a simple setting fix for this that is eluding me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try reseting your treo. If not then you have to do a hardrest.
    esmass:p

I had this problem with my Sprint phone. Took it in to be looked at and they ordered me a new phone and replaced it. I tried hard resets, soft resets, turning on, turning off -- to no avail. Have had no problems with the replacement phone.

I doubt it matters, but my phone is Verizon.

I've tried a soft reset, and a hard reset. The problem remains.

I guess I'll have to go in to Verizon and see what they can do for me. Anybody else have any thoughts? Is this a known issue like all the hardware problems that the kyocera's had?

I brought my phone into a verizon store. As usual, they cannot do anything with a PDA phone and had me make a call to wireless data services. They had me do a soft and hard reset. After that failed to fix anything, they had the store give me a new phone.

I haven't picked up the new phone yet. ( I didn't want to wait the hour it would take to set it up on my account. )

Hopefully this is a rare issue that won't happen again...

Space For Rent $20.00 a month
    You did have the switch on the top of the phone to the "speaker" setting.

Update:

Verizon tech support didn't have any clue about this, of course. They actually just had me call wireless data services in the store. They had me try a soft and hard reset, both of which I had already tried. I did them again to humor him. They then gave me a new phone.

It seems to me that Verizon isn't bothering with fixing phones. If they can't fix it with a reset they just give out new hardware.