+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth..give me something I can use

I know bluetooth is cool or so I've heard but other than bluetooth headphones what good is it? Why not include something like a built in fm transmitter so I can use the mp3 function in the car.....now that would be cool. I have had this device for 6 months now and have not seen a need for bluetooth.....I mean is it really that hard to plug in the hotsync cable to sync or an earbud to make a call.
    Dr. Van Nostren, from the clinic

people have lost the love for cords

is there anything that has like two ear buds and also a mouth piece? i don't like listening to music with only one ear. and i definitely don't want to be switching between my headset and my headphones.
    border boi

Brian
    Gps, hotsynching, and headsets are all I can think of.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    I havn't used my BT headset in months. You can't listen to music with it and it's only in one ear.

These are great.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-74--157.htm

Works for calls and music. Phone calls have never been clearer. Having a call in both ears is fantastic.

Enjoy your toy!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

i use it mainly for hotsyncing and fie transfer. its nice to load an app to the treo without having to hotsync. Right Click > Send To > Bluetooth > Device name.

I only use my BT headset on long drives.

Check out Salling Clicker. It really gave me a whole new perspective on Bluetooth's value.

http://www.salling.com/

Here are a couple of examples:

If you have iTunes connected to your stereo via Airport Express (or directly for that matter), you can use the phone as a wireless remote. (and it's 2-way communication, so you can even see the album art displayed on the phone!). I'm not just talking about selecting the next song either. You can choose playlists, control volume, even search as well.

You want to do a presentation or slideshow from your laptop? You can control it from your phone and even see a preview of the next slide or photo on the phone.

Pretty cool stuff.

ok now THAT is exactly the kind of trick I wanted to hear about. I could use that. Thank you.

Anything else....

Tried and and love it. This is cool. I have speakers throughout my house as well as outside and now I am able to to control itunes anywhere as well as outside in certain places. This is the kind of functionality I was looking for. Thanks, DVN