+ Reply to Thread

BMW Verizon TREO 650 Bluetooth Pairing

After spending close to two hours installing the latest firmware upgrage for Verison on my Treo 650 I was excited about the posibility of having the phone connect to my BMW's bluetooth system. I was able to pair the phone to my BMW 545 and make calls but at the end of each call the phone would do a soft reset on its own. I called Verizon and Palm this morning and was informed that the Palm 1.04 upgrade for Verizon does not include support for the BMW carkit.

Here's a list of car manufactureres that are supported by Verizon/Palm for the Treo 650:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...912)#supported

The solusion ID on palm's knowledge library is 39912

Thumbs down

I've had my 645 for a year now and it is the same.

Verizon is the problem. They have not made the update as Sprint has. Neither has Cingular.

They just must not care. It probably is not a BMW issue if it works with Sprint. BMW told me "off the record" that it was a Verizon issue as they were not willing to work with them to resolve it like sprint did.

Maybe some Verizon employees who read this will elaborate.

Angry BMW, bluetooth & Verizon

Anyone know if this issue has been resolved or dealt with in the last 2 months? We just bought an X3 yesterday and of course the dealer wasn't able to get the bluetooth to work.

I'm not that inclined to spend time updating, etc., if the end result is still the same.

Thanks in advance,

Marcia

As a followup to my post, about a month ago, I did a hard reset on my Treo 650 and then re-paired the Treo with my BMW 645(2005) just to see if anything changed, though there was no reason for it to.

It now appears to work, but here is what happens.

The Names and numbers that show up in the car screen are only the ones that are on your speed dial that you entered on your front page of your phone, not your whole address book(this is good I think).

You can dial these numbers from the I Drive. You can disconnect the call with the I Drive.

You can make calls by dialing any number (the numbers themselves) on your I Drive ( if you do not get killed for not paying attention to the road)

It seems that all incoming calls come in as "Unknown" But it does work well.

Keeping the bluetooth on is a tremendous drain on your battery life which otherwise is usually very good.

Cool

Thanks for the reply. I take it you have the Palm 1.04 upgrade installed on your phone?

Guess I'll give it a try then and hope for the best. (Palm website still says that the Treo 650/Verizon is not compatible w/BMWs..)

Marcia

My son drives a 2005 645 and I have a Sprint Treo 650. It works great! My directory shows up on his dashboard display, the audio quality is very good. There is even a little signal strength indicator on the dashboard display. Sprint's latest firmware is 1.13, not 1.04 like Verizon, but I doubt if the numbers from different systems relate to each other.

Anybody know if the 700p works with BMW now?