+ Reply to Thread

Verizon 650 SMTP and password reset

So for some totally unexplainable reason my email stopped working on the Verizon Network. It won't log onto the SMTP server and gives me a failed authentication error message saying "user name and password not valid"

I'm using SnapperMail and it stopped sending email yesterday. I tried everything and eventually called Verizon who reset my password and told me it would be "a few hours to take". We'll 24 hours leter it still not working and they now claim the CSV agent should have told me it would take 48 hours fo the password to reset.

Anybody hjave any experience in this area? Are their claims accurate that it takes 48 hours? Seems weird to me

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    That doesn't sound right. Password resets should take within a matter of minutes. Have you done a diagnostic log in SnapperMail to verify that it is a password problem?? (Diagnostic log instructions are located here - http://www.snappermail.com/support/#12).
    Michael

Okay - it didn't take 48 hours but just another 8 hours before it worked. Why it stopped no one seems to know. I didn't need to run the BUG log on Snapper but good info to know for future. As Rosanne Rosanna Danna use to say " It's always something "

Thanks