+ Reply to Thread

listen to mp3 on bluetooth headset

I often listen to a three hour talk show I download to my media card as an mp3 file during my weekly five-hour coummute.

My kids saved me from entanglements between my seatbelt and headset wire by buying me a bluetooth headset. I managed to set it up and can receive phone calls.

But I can't get the mp3 output from realplayer to my new headset. I can hear the audio through the TREO's speaker or through my old hardwired headset.

I am amazed that Palm never anticipated that users might want to listen to an mp3 and answer the phone without changing headsets.

Someone in a different forum suggested 'softik audio gateway;' they implied that it is software, but didn't say where I can find it. Google doesn't help (I was referred back to the same forum). I received no reply to my request for more info.

Does anybody know whether softik is software or a hardware add on? Does anybody know where I can find softik? Can anybody here suggest a solution (other than softik) that will work?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    You're spelling one of the words wrong. It's "Softick".
    Michael

now what?

Thank you for the correct spelling.

Fortunately, softick has a free trial version that you eventually register if you like the software. No joy.

I downloaded and installed, no problemo. But it doesn't recognize my particular headset. I guess the bluespoon AX2 doesn't have the A2DP protocol mentioned in the softick site.

I can return the headset...too bad; it is very comfortable.

Any other ideas?

if you're in your car, could get an FM transmitter (do a search on the board for reviews) and listen to it on your car stereo instead of using a headset. You'll need a FM transmitter and the stereo headphone adaptor and then you're good to go.

Good Luck,
    JohnA

JohnA -

What happens when a call comes in, or you want to make one?
    Can you use a BT headset while using the jack for non-phone audio?
    Will it pause the playback and resume automatically, or do you have to lay your hands on the phone?

my stereo adaptor should be arriving at home today. I will test what happens when a call comes in and see what happens. I think you would have to pickup the phone to answer and speak into it (to be close enough to the mic), but should be able to hear the caller over the car stereo speakers.

As for using the stereo output headphone plug and a bluetooth headset, I don't own a bluetooth, so I don't know about how that would work as far as switching between them when a call comes in.

I'll let you know more tomorrow hopefully.

JohnA

if a call comes in, you will not have a mic to pick up your voice. you will get any alarm and ring through the speakers as well as the callers voice. you just cant talk back to them. when i get a call, i have to unplug the transmitter.

i have not tried it with a bluetooth headset and the fm transmitter yet.

When they pry it from my cold hand. tivolutionist's Avatar
    I have found that as long as I have a bluetooth headset in range and turned on, even if I have something plugged into the headset jack, the bluetooth headset takes over for incoming calls.