+ Reply to Thread

Question Can't transfer pictures from my treo 650 to my PC

Help! I have no disc that came with the phone... But I have taken all these pictures with my camera phone, and I can't get them transferred to my laptop. I have the USB cable. When I hook it up w/ my computer, and push the button, it says hot sync is connecting, but then nothing happens. Help would be appreciated.

You can download the Palm Desktop software from palm.com. Look in the support area.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

lou
    OCpDa
    I just did this yesterday for the first time. The way I did it may not be the easiest way but I figured it out myself & it worked for me. Here are the steps I used to get to the file which is really buried:

1. Hot sync
    2. Go to C:/Program Files/Palm then
    3. Go to the folder that has a name similar to your user name
    4. There should be a folder in there called Photos
    5. There are two folders a) BackupForInternal & b) offline copy location
    6. Open either of those folders & you will eventually get to your .jpg

Once you open the file you can move or copy it to a folder with a shorter, more direct path.

Could you actually tell me the specific root DIR the pictures are stored on the SD card? My 650 has no camera, but I'd like to put pictures and movies on it manually (I really didn't need the camera anyway).

Hello sugarmantra,

This is Kevin from Palm. Under normal circumstances, photos and videos would be stored in the DCIM folder on the SD card. If the card does not have that folder, you can create it using an SD card reader. Or via some third-party applications that others here can recommend.
    You can also check the Palm Knowledge Library article "Location of pictures and videos saved to an SD/MMC card" for more related information.

Sincerely
    Kevin

Thanks Kevin from Palm!

I have a Treo 650 and have read all the info posted about getting pictures from the Treo to my PC but still no luck doing it automatically. I can sync fine but no folders with pictures are created. I can also put the SD card in a reader and manually copy the .jpg files but this is time consuming. Is there something I need to configure in the Palm Desktop to make this feature work? All the other information (notes, addresses, lists, etc.) is transferring just fine.