+ Reply to Thread

how to get my contacts back?!?

I just went to call someone and they weren't in my contact list anymore. Did some investigating, and found that somehow my hotsync was set to computer overwrites handheld for outlook section.

I guess this means that it copies the outlook contact database on the computer over the one in handheld. Duoh!

The good news is that the call log has many of the names and phone numbers I need to put back in. The question I have is, how do I do this without re typing everything. If I click on Joe Blow at 555-1212 from the contact list, can I get it into the database without having to do a manual entry of both name and phone number? I tried to call Joe and I was hoping at the end of the call it would ask if I wanted to enter it into the contacts, but no such luck.

Thanks for any help.

Hope this saves you some time.

There is not much you can do except save yourself a little time.

Go to call log->highlight contact you need to enter back into phone->select details->select copy number (write any other info down you may have forgotten)->go to contacts->select new contact->select the line the number should go on->select menu and edit->then paste the number to the contact.

Hope this saves you some time.
    Last edited by petess; 06-15-2006 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Steps missing

One thing you can do is wait for them to call you, and then it should prompt you if you would like to save as a contact. This may be your easiest option, but you will still need to enter some info by hand.

Then make sure that you change your sync option to synchronize files.

Were you not syncing between Outlook and the handheld previously? Are your contacts still in Outlook on the computer? If no, that's interesting. Do you know how your conduits were set prior to their disappearance on your handheld?