+ Reply to Thread
    Within the Bonds of Salvation

"New" 650 ... trouble synching with PockMirror ...

Hi friends -

My 7135 finally bit the dust, so I got a Treo 650. Like it thus far, but am having some problems synching my Outlook data with the new 650.

My first question is: Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the Palm Desktop software due to the phone change, or should I not have to do this?

When I try to sync, PocketMirror is giving me this error:

"A conflict in the installed conduits has been detected. This is caused when two different conduits are using the same PIM data type (e.g., Address Book vs. Contacts). To allow synchronization to proceed, use the HotSync custom dialog to change one set of conduits to "do nothing".

I'm not sure how to proceed to correct this error because I'm not exactly sure what it's telling me to do. All of my options are set properly in the PocketMirror software. I have one folder of Contacts with two different categories (Rolodex and Email Directory). Calendar is just standard sync.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject for me? I would appreciate it.

Many thanks!
    -Michael

Within the Bonds of Salvation
    I figured it out! Download a new version of the PalmOS software from the web site, and the conduit for Outlook is automatically built in. Everything
    synched perfectly. Hallejuiah!

Thanks,
    Michael