+ Reply to Thread

erase treos native PIM data?

I use Key Suite and sync with Outlook. At some early stage, I sync'd Outlook to the treo's native PIM programs. Keysuite has its own conduits and syncs directly with Outlook. As a result, I often have two alarms for the same calendar event, reminder or task. A bit annoying. Any suggestions on an easy way I might wipe the native DBs clean? Thanks.

When they pry it from my cold hand. tivolutionist's Avatar
    You might try this:
    1. Make sure neither HotSync Manager nor Palm Desktop are running.
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\palmOne\yourpalmsyncname\datebook (assuming you did not override the default install directory)
    3. Delete the files datebook.bak and datebook.dat
    4. Launch Palm Desktop to verify that the calendar is empty.
    5. Launch Hotsync Manager (if this is not already done by Palm Desktop)
    6. From the HotSync Manager menu select 'custom'.
    7. Double-click the Calendar conduit and set it for 'Desktop Overwrites Handheld' (click ok)
    8. Select 'Done' on the Hotsync Manager screen.
    9. Sync the phone.
    Last edited by tivolutionist; 06-19-2006 at 07:03 AM.

thanks. actually you got me thinking about this a bit differently. here's how I solved it. i created a new blank calendar file in outlook and then set my outlook conduits (I don't have palm desktop conduits installed) to sync with the new blank folder and to desktop overwrites handheld. sync and - voila - no data. simple! repeated the same process for tasks and notes. need to keep the contacts as snappermail searches it for email addresses and I prefer the treo's native phone number lookup. thanks again.