+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Headset Won't Pair

It seems as though no one has this problem. I recently received a Treo without a camera (as someone had told me, probably because it was an i500 upgrade; a phone that also had no camera) and really, the new features, save from an upgraded Palm, do not work.

I have now gotten over my issues of camera and discovered that the bluetooth doesn't work either. I've been trying to use my dad's Plantronics 320 headset and the Treo won't even discover it. I put it 2 inches away from the Treo and try and pair them, and the device does not even show up. I'm still reading through this forum looking for an entry on it. Oh, by the way, yes I've set the Treo up for discovery and have the name cache on.

Any help is muchly appreciated.

I have a feeling that they actually gave me a phone without bluetooth tech in it. See, it's hard to believe because while there is no camera, there is also no associated software (no camera button to press). There is, however, bluetooth software. It just sits there looking for local devices and I've now tried my dad's headset and now it won't detect his phone either (not that they're supposed to pair).

But if anyone thinks there's an alternative issue please let me know. Unfortunately I get to make another trip to the Sprint store tomorrow.

Have you tried a soft reset on your phone and then following Plantronics pairing instructions exactly? Another good source of info is Palm Support. My Plantronics 640 paired easily and I have had no problems keeping it paired with my Treo 650 so far.
    Samsung i330 > palmOne Treo 650
    palmOne case. Bluespoon AX2 bluetooth headset. SanDisk Ultra II 1.0GB SD Card.

The Sprint Store got it to pair with a Sony with no problems, so I'm just not sure if I'm going to use that device; I didn't follow the instructions because I didn't know there would be any. It's detected other devices now without having to set up anything except for them both to be on, so I think I'm just going to pick another headset.

My Treo 650 discovers the bluetooth on my iMac by simply having it nearby, however, with most headsets, including the Plantronics, the headset has to be in the discovery mode, not just on.
    Try this: Have your Treo ready to discover. Go to the bluetooth icon, select Setup Devices, go to Hands-free Setup, select Next and you'll see the header Discovery Results and below that: Show Nearby Devices. Now, with your headset turned off, hold down the call control button until the headset status indicator glows blue, then flashes red and blue. The discovery mode will last for 30 seconds.
    320Plantronics should appear. Press OK. When the phone asks for a pass key, type 0000 and press enter. It should be paired.
    Also under Trusted Devices will appear any other headset that you pair to the Treo.
    Hope this helps.
    By the way, you can probably download the Plantronics manual in PDF form for free from their website if you need further instructions.
    Samsung i330 > palmOne Treo 650
    palmOne case. Bluespoon AX2 bluetooth headset. SanDisk Ultra II 1.0GB SD Card.