+ Reply to Thread

Voicemail envelope icon number

Arrgggh! This is driving me crazy. Whenever I have a voicemail, I used to be able to select the envelope icon on the main screen, click it, and it would dial my voicemail number and login in automatically. Somehow that got erased. Now it dials the voicemail number, but won't login (send the password).

I tried recreating the "Voicemail 1" shortcut with password digits (that works), but it doesn't seem to affect what is dialed by the envelope icon.

Does anyone know where this is stored? I've spent hours looking for it with no luck.

I'm on Verizon (Treo 650).

Thanks for any help!

I don't know about verizon, but i think with Sprint, it is an option when you are in the voicemail system. I seem to remember it asking if I wanted to have the password put in automatically or manually?? Hope this helps..

I'm a Verizon customer and used the following process to automate the process of checking my voice mail by having my password sent at the appropriate time.

With the dial paid screen displayed, press the "Down" navigational arrow to display the Favorites Buttons.

Highlight the "Voicemail" favorites button.

Press the "menu options" button - the one above the Email button.

Within the "Record" top menu item, select "Edit Favorites Button".

A new window titled "Edit Favorites" should open with the labels "Type: Speed Dial" and "Label: Voicemail" displayed. Tap the "More" button in the bottom right corner.

A new window titled ""More Options"" opens. This is where you should enter several commas (I use 3) to allow for the amount time that passes until you are asked to enter you password when you manually check your voice mail.

Enter your password after the commas that you just entered.

Make sure there is a check mark in the box before the phrase ""Dial Extra Digits automaticallly".

Tap on the "Ok" button.

Tap the "OK" a second time.

Thanks for the help, but I'm looking for defining the voicemail/password sequence for the envelope icon... the "Voicemail 1" speed-dial works fine. I was hoping to delete the speed-dial entry so I'd have more room on the speed-dial page, and instead just highlight and click the envelope icon to access voicemail when it appeared. This used to work fine. Now it will dial my voicemail number, but not enter the password.

For the life of me I can't see where to define it. It must be tied to something else I deleted...