+ Reply to Thread

Thinking of getting rid of my 650

I am on the fence about getting rid of my 650. I am no longer in IT and do not use my phone for anything else but a phone. I have not used any of the bells and whistles for almost a year. I got my girlfriend the Razor and I am thinking of getting one for myself. Should I keep my 650 or get the Razor?

I am going crazy. Please help........

If you don't use your 650 for anything other than a phone, dump it. I've had a PDA phone for over two years now and I couldn't imagine anything else. I like the bluetooth, the email, the games, the eReader, the internet, expandable memory, the music I can play on it, the texting, and especially the touch screen (even though it's not used often). That said, you can get these options on a lot of phones that aren't a Treo, and I'm aware a lot of them are available on a Razr (plus it's much smaller). I won't be leaving mine anytime soon, but if you really don't like it I don't see why you shouldn't get rid of it.

I've also considered the Razr. The extra functionality of the Treo 650 comes at a steep price, not only in terms on initial purchase and necessary aftermarket software, but in all the time you spend troubleshooting its bugs instead of just being able to use it.

The Razr claims to have basic PDA and Outlook synchronization capability. With the super-thin clamshell form factor, it's very tempting. But the show-stopper for me is the lack of an SD slot and the corresponding lack of ability to play music.

If neither advanced PDA functionality nor music is important for you, I'd say dump the Treo. I know several people with Razrs; all report satisfaction.

bid: $20
    lol
    yeah if you would be fine with the RAZR switch up... I just ordered the 650 coming from a PPC... we'll see how quickly I can pick it up heh

Well now I have to wait. I have to see if I can either use it for my current field(welder) or see what happens with a state IT job that I was contacted about. With a rank of 4th in the state I might be going back to IT.

wow 4yrs already huh?
    if ur gonna leave the 650 i would say that a a900>>>razr