+ Reply to Thread

help with realplayer

had treo X 6 months and finally trying to get music on to it. bought 2 gig sd card and reader. have directly transferred test song to card via reader and transferred test song via quickinstall with a sync. the song is on the card (!)but real player will not recognize it (it is a wma- is that the problem?). also when i query the card on my desktop while it is in the reader i get 2 folders- DCIM and Palm. So, I made folder called "Audio" within each of these files and in the main directory as well, put the song in each of these three "Audio" folders and still nothing. After the quickinstall attempt I get the message "there is no application on the organizer to handle this file" when i reopen quickinstall. i also tried to get my desktop realoneplayer to recognize the treo and transfer songs via that program- won't work either. i must be doing something stupid. please advise...

My guess is it's the wma, try to convert to mp3. See if the song plays in realplayer on your desktop, if it doesn't play there it won't play on the 650. For my sd card, the audio folder is on the same level as the palm folder, not inside it. Hope this helps some.

JohnA

Hello photopsia,

This is Kevin from Palm. I can confirm JohnA's assumption that this is because they are wma files. There's more info on this in the Palm Knowledge Library article "Music formats supported by RealPlayer for Palm OS (MP3, RealAudio)". You can convert to mp3 or consider some of the alternative players.

You won't need all the Audio folders, just one in the main root directory along with the Palm and DCIM folders.
    Hope that helps.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    Last edited by Kevin Michaels; 06-27-2006 at 01:22 PM.

thanks to you both- it was the wma issue. i bought pocket tunes deluxe and am listening to music. now to find headphones...