+ Reply to Thread

Pocket Tunes through a Bluetooth Headset?

I recently bought a bluetooth headset (logitech mobile freedom) and expected it to work with pockettunes. The headset paired and makes phone calls just fine but pockettunes plays mp3s and doesnt forward the music to the headset. I can't find even a worthy mention of bluetooth in the pockettunes manual. Any ideas? Is there a work around where I can force all sounds to go to the headset?

Thanks,
    RS

You need a 3rd party app called Softick Audio Gateway to hear music with a Bluetooth stereo headset. You can get it here http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

Also unfortunately, you must have a Bluetooth headset that supports A2DP.
    Your Logitech mobile freedom doesn’t.

I use a Motorola HT820, but there are many headsets out there.

Hope this helps,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ericp74
    You need a 3rd party app called Softick Audio Gateway to hear music with a Bluetooth stereo headset. You can get it here http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

Also unfortunately, you must have a Bluetooth headset that supports A2DP.
    Your Logitech mobile freedom doesn’t.

I use a Motorola HT820, but there are many headsets out there.

Hope this helps,

Eric
    Hi -- I also use the HT820 and it works fine for both phone functions and pockettunes with my Treo650.

I also purchased a Bluetooth USB adapter which supports A2DP and can now listen to my computer (MP3s etc.) thru the HT820.

What I really would like to find is a bluetooth dongle with a stereo 3.5 plug to connect to a MP3 player to use the HT820s. I purchased one from expansys.com online (ST701) which supports A2DP but it would not pair with the HT820's. Do you know of any stereo bluetooth dongles that will work with the HT820's ??????????