+ Reply to Thread

How the heck do you HANG UP??

Am I missing something simple?

How do you hang up one caller when you have two calls on the line?

The only button on the screen says "Hang Up All" I don't WANT to hang up on all the calls, just on one. And if you press the red Power/End button, it hangs up both calls. How do you hang up just one call?

On page 172, the manual says ". . . the Hang Up All button . . . ends both calls. In this situation the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network automatically redials the number that was on hold so that you can continue the conversation."

Do they REALLY mean that? Is this the only way to hang up on one and talk on the other? This has to be a lame mistake. There MUST be a way to hang up on only one caller without redialling. Anyhow, redialling wouldn't work, because, if the caller does not have call waiting, the caller would still be on the phone and you would get a busy signal.

yes, they really mean that.... sucks so i rarely make or take a second call anymore

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    How about switching to talk to the caller that you want to hang up, and telling him/her to hang up on their end? Probably rude, but effective!
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn
    How about switching to talk to the caller that you want to hang up, and telling him/her to hang up on their end? Probably rude, but effective!
    That won't always work. Suppose you are talking to an automated system? Or an international call with expensive per-minute charges, where you cannot be sure the call is terminated. Or worse yet, an expensive 900 number.

On my home phone, if I hang up on one caller, I automatically get switched to the other call. THAT's how the Treo should work.

so if you just hit end button (not on-screen), it will drop Both calls??

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    either way will hang up both calls or everyone in conference

Question

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    Yup! Pretty stupid design, huh. Try it and see.

Does ANYONE know how to end just one call????

Geek
    I haven't tried this yet, but I have Verizon. Not sure what you have. But wasn't the 1.04 update supposed to address this problem?

"What is the Treo 650 Updater 1.04?
    New with version 1.04:
    * Optimized memory handling with non-volatile file system improvements
    * Improved user interface for multiple call scenarios "

Quote Originally Posted by mattb5
    I haven't tried this yet, but I have Verizon. Not sure what you have. But wasn't the 1.04 update supposed to address this problem?

"What is the Treo 650 Updater 1.04?
    New with version 1.04:
    * Optimized memory handling with non-volatile file system improvements
    * Improved user interface for multiple call scenarios "
    I'm on Sprint, and I forget that readers of this forum use many different providers. (I should have said I was on Sprint on the original posting)

Sprint's latest Updater is 1.13, but they don't say anything about "multiple call scenarios." Maybe Verizon has acknowledged this problem, and fixed it. But it seems that Sprint has ignored it so far. Maybe Sprint's Updater 1.14 will do something about it!?

Sprint's multiple call handling is worse than I thought. Here's what happened to me this morning.

I called an 800 number and was put on hold. While holding, I got a second call from a 714 area code number, which I answered. It was the same company. They claimed they had lost my call to the 800 number, but my phone says it is still active. I go ahead and talk to the guy on the 714 line, but of course it is impossible to hang up on the 800 call, because you can only hang up on both calls, not just one! So the 800 call is still active the entire time I talk to the 714 call.

A few moments after I hang up on the 714 call, my phone rings with a "No Caller ID" call. I answer, and no one is there. My phone probably called back the 800 number, just as the Sprint manual says on page 172. ". . . the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network automatically redials the number that was on hold so that you can continue the conversation."

So I end up being charged for 3 calls (the original 800 call, the 714 call, the second 800 call), when I only had one conversation. And the company ended up paying for minutes on their 800 line, twice!

How can a technologically advanced system like the PCS network act so stupid? As user mattgb5 pointed out, the Verizon system seems to have addressed this dumb behavior. Hello, Sprint!! Please fix this!
    Last edited by GoBears; 07-14-2006 at 03:04 PM.

lol at the 1.14 update...I doubt it will come to light just like the EV-DO for the PPC 6600's never did even though they talked about it coming for a short while...but *hopefully* they don't just drop this phone like that

Angry Nope - still an issue with 1.05aVZW

I'm not sure what "enhancements" 1.04 was supposed to provide, but I just had this again and it SO pissed me off! I even tried to swapping back to the 1st line and hoping the 2nd line dropped, but it didn't. So I pushed the red End button and both lines dropped. Real nice.

So nobody's figured out a way to hang up the second line?

this is why i just dont answer a second call anymore. i let voice mail handle it and call them back.